Issue with drag & drop functionality (339 Views)
Occasional Advisor
srparkes
Message 1 of 4 (339 Views)
Accepted Solution

Issue with drag & drop functionality

We use TRIM 7.1.1.1821 and Lotus Notes 8.5.

Having an issue since mid last week and only with a few staff members whereby they will scan one document from a MFD and email the document to their Lotus Notes in-box.  Then in Lotus Notes they drag the attachment to TRIM to register the scanned document however when the document is dragged and dropped into TRIM...it goes into the document queue and some how it creates two documents in the queue. 

Same happens when the staff member creates a record in TRIM so they have a D number first, then scans the document and drags the document to place onto the D number in TRIM...the document doesn't allow it to be dropped on top of the D number and it goes into the document queue and creates two documents in the queue.

Just wondering if anyone would know why this happening?  In the interim, the staff member affected are either having to save the attachment to either a folder or on their desktop and dragging the document into TRIM or in Lotus Notes going Actions - TRIM Tools - Send Attachment to TRIM

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 4 (286 Views)

Re: Issue with drag & drop functionality

Is this specific to Lotus Notes?

You mention that is it only happening to a few users, can you double check if those affected have duplicate TRIM agents within their instance of Notes?

You might also want to try replacing of refreshing the design of your Notes template, it may help if the TRIM agents are stored within your TRIM templates.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
srparkes
Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Hi Greg;

Finally got some answers from our I.T. department, sorry for the delay.

I.T. here have told me that they have a group of people who are in a trail group for Lotus Notes 9...the issue is with this version of Lotus. When they scan a document to their Lotus Notes the drag and drop functionality is not working. The work around is to save the attachment to somewhere (desktop), then drag and drop to trim from there.

I.T. say that this is more likely a TRIM issue rather than Lotus Notes issue?  Should I log a call on the HP Helpdesk?  I.T. here have said to me that if it can't be solved, we can not deploy latest version of Lotus Notes as a result.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 4 (248 Views)

You can log a case if you like, I am on the HP TRIM support desk. So you might get a similar response to the one I have posted.

Can you see if they will test some of the suggestions from my previous post, at least that way we can rules those out.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation