Re: Indexing delay in HP TRIM v6.2 (126 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Techgato6808
Message 1 of 9 (209 Views)

Indexing delay in HP TRIM v6.2

Good day all,

On yesterday,the staff created a 100 word records in the morning and  an  offline index was ran during the night. However when the staff went to conduct searches on the 100 records. The search was on the word pending, it yield maybe 20 records this morning. However when they did a search by date created mostly all of the record appears. Is there a delay in offline Index processing with TRIM v6.2? Thanks.

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 2 of 9 (206 Views)

Re: Indexing delay in HP TRIM v6.2

What is offline index processing?
Frequent Advisor
Techgato6808
Message 3 of 9 (187 Views)

Here's the skinny on the offline indexing.

In OFFLINE mode the table is locked upfront for any read or write, and then the new index gets built from the old index, while holding a lock on the table. No read or write operation is permitted on the table while the index is being rebuilt. Only when the operation is done is the lock on the table released and reads and writes are allowed again.

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 4 of 9 (176 Views)

What are you clicking or doing to perform an Offline Index?

What application did you do this in?

You aren't using any TRIM terminology that we're aware of. :)

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

Kapish.com.au
Frequent Advisor
Techgato6808
Message 5 of 9 (160 Views)

My apologies, I should have eplained better. The indexing occurs on the back end (i.e. SQL Server Database) started  by our system admin. So basically the Information workers are seeing a delay in newly accessed records showing up in TRIM.  

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 6 of 9 (157 Views)

How are they searching?  What method(s)?

TRIM has two delayed actions: title word indexing and content indexing.  Both are managed by the event server.  Neither (should) require daily/nightly intervention by a SQL Server administrator.  What steps, specifically, is this SQL Admin performing?

Frequent Advisor
Techgato6808
Message 7 of 9 (151 Views)

Not sure of what steps he took. But there was a request from the TRIM Admin to run the index for some reason. I believe some records were out of whack. Also I believe the served by Context looking a records with word "Pending" in it.  Its part of a work flow process. Then they searched by Date created using the prior day's date. I hope this makes sense.

Honored Contributor
EWillsey
Message 8 of 9 (145 Views)

If you searched for a value of "pending" with the "Document Content" search method, but are not getting full results then the content index is not up-to-date.  You need to check the event server to see how far it is behind.  6R2 uses ISYS for the underlying content index engine.  Maybe it's throwing errors?  Check server log directory for logs and look in those for errors. 

Frequent Advisor
Techgato6808
Message 9 of 9 (126 Views)

Thanks for your help. We'll investigate further.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.