Re: HP Records Manager Admin Login (279 Views)
Occasional Contributor
islei
Message 1 of 8 (357 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Records Manager Admin Login

Hello,

I am using a demo license of HP Records Manager v8.0. I am new to RM and not sure how the user access control works in RM. I have completed the installation process of the RM and was trying to logon to RM Manager as an administrator.  When I run RM Manager, it is always logging me on as Guest which does not allow me to access the administration tools.  The setup information shows that the userNetwork Login is administrator (Using Guest Account). How and where can I change that?

Thanks in advance!

trimforum.png

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 8 (337 Views)

Re: HP Records Manager Admin Login

Hi,

Did you use the administrator account to run the install? Normally the account that you use to install RM8 will be created as a location with full admin rights.

If you used another account to install, open RM with that account and add the administrator as an admin account.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
islei
Message 3 of 8 (325 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I ran the install on the administrator account and open RM with that account. Whenever I start RM, it is logging in using the guest account by default.

When I turned off the Guest Account feature, I received this error message:

Connection to HP Records Manager dataset DemoDB failed. Error connecting to HP Records Manager dataset 'DemoDB(45)' for 'administrator' failed. The supplied login name has not been registered as a HP Records Manager user and the guest account has not been registered.

How do I register a RM user and make the user an administrator?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 8 (306 Views)

If you don't know the account to logon with you are going to have to make the changes at the database end.

How are you with SQL?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Damitha
Message 5 of 8 (279 Views)

Alternatively you can run schema repair and tick Check or restore user accour for HP Records Manager Administrator option. 

Regards,

Damitha Bogahawatta
Principal Consultant
Talent Consulting Services
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
islei
Message 6 of 8 (269 Views)

Hi

Yes, I can run an sql query to add an account if you can tell me which database table to look at for that. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
islei
Message 7 of 8 (260 Views)

Thanks it is working now after I repair the database :)

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 8 of 8 (252 Views)

Good news

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation