Error message : Function Request (Add Document) - Document Store Error TRIM 6 (573 Views)
Occasional Advisor
03eunos
Message 1 of 6 (573 Views)

Error message : Function Request (Add Document) - Document Store Error TRIM 6

Our support team received several tickets from users over the past week with the title "A request to the TRIM Workgroup Server <SERVER_NAME> failed:

Function request (Add Document) for TRIM Workgroup Server <SERVER_NAME> failed. Document Store Error. Error Writing to store. Probable error is that you have run out of space, or your quota is reached. The remote procedure call failed.

(0x800706be).

As DBA, I verified that we have no issues with tablespace or next extent allocations. All database (oracle 10.2.0.4) server mounts (SAN) have more than required available free space and our LAN support team confirms there are no space issues on the workgroup servers. 

Looking for any thoughts or feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 2 of 6 (544 Views)

Re: Error message : Function Request (Add Document) - Document Store Error TRIM 6

Hi Jeff,

Does your service account have permissions to write to the store? 

Does this happen for every document or do you find it only happens occasionally?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Occasional Advisor
03eunos
Message 3 of 6 (519 Views)

Re: Error message : Function Request (Add Document) - Document Store Error TRIM 6

Hi Greg,

We have had three occurences in the past two weeks for our most heavily accessed system, so it's very intermittent, but a worry for management as it's linked into our financial systems (i.e. Oracle Financials).

The service account does have write access to the store. The system has been online for a number of years with no issues. we are planning a move to V7 Q1/14, but still would like to resolve.

Thanks,

jeff

HP Expert
Greg Fraser_1
Message 4 of 6 (512 Views)

Intermittent to me sounds like it could be linked to load on the network. Do these instances happen at peak times during the day?

Something to check would be the SQL logs, at the time when you receive the timeout messages was someone running an extremely large \ complex search.

But this could be one of those instances where the forum might not be the best place to troubleshoot. If you log a case and provide the logs from the WGS, the application event logs from the WGS we can take a detailed look for you.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Occasional Advisor
03eunos
Message 5 of 6 (468 Views)

Thanks Greg!

I just contacted our TRIM admin team and manager and informed them that we need to get a ticket entered to HP right away. Our HP TRIM support is contracted out to a third-party vendor (PRIMA Harmony)  here in Canada and they will enter the ticket on our behalf.

Take care,

Jeff

Regular Advisor
Ralf_Wegener
Message 6 of 6 (423 Views)

Other then physical storage reaching maximum capacity; verify:

1. TRIM - Tools - Administatraion > Document Stores

2. Right Click on said/affected document store properties

3. Verify settings directly below CheckBox "Monitor Store Capacity"; specifically sub option

- 3.1 - "Limit store size to"

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.