Re: What browser(s) are used to run performance tests? (185 Views)
Occasional Contributor
dlamprey
Message 1 of 3 (239 Views)

What browser(s) are used to run performance tests?

What browser(s) / version(s) are used to run performance tests?

Is the actual [native] browser being used to run the test, or is it emulated (in the HTTP request header)?

If there are mutiple browsers avialable, how can I specify which to use for a synthetic?

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor
NoamH
Message 2 of 3 (209 Views)

Re: What browser(s) are used to run performance tests?

We have both protocols. the first one called truClient, and it support IE,a nd FireFox. Our TruClient Scripts are replayed at the user level, therefore each Vuser (script) requires a browser instance with loaded DOM and Javascript. 

the advantages of this protocol - it is easy to record, and maintain, since it works in the user level.

The second protocol that emulate browser traffic is our web/http protocol. It works in the protocol level, and does not load the browser DOM object. the advantages of this protocol is the flexibility to control the script steps in the protocol level.

However it required more expertise, although we have great tools to support such script recording as well.

Valued Contributor
noamhasin
Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)

Re: What browser(s) are used to run performance tests?

[Re-What browser(s) / version(s) are used to run performance tests?]

More information about supported version for our TruClient tool.

We support Firefox 8 which includes:

• HTML5 support. 
  • API for setting HTTP headers
  • Create functions to easily reuse and share code. 
  • Think-time recording. 
  • Event handlers to support asynchronous behavior. 
  • API for URL filtering. 
  • Automatic transactions per step.

We also support TruClient capabilities for Internet Explorer 9.

[Re - If there are multiple browsers available, how can I specify which to use for a synthetic?]

When you start your recording you can choose a protocol (Browser), and from that phase your script is assosiated to that browser type.  I hope this answer your question, if not let me know

[Re-Is the actual [native] browser being used to run the test, or is it emulated (in the HTTP request header)?]

We use the acctual browser which you use for your recording, it can be either firfox 8 or IE9. 

When you replay your script you do not see the browser, since it uses a DCOM object of the same browser.

I hope this answer your question, if not let me know

Functional Architect
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.