03-11-2014 08:54 AM - edited 03-11-2014 09:11 AM
HP OneView 1.05 release is made public available today for download: http://www.hp.com/go/OneView/download
Enjoy the new features and for any questions on this release feel free to reply to this posting.
What's New in HP OneView 1.05 (update release, March-2014)
HP OneView 1.05 is an update release of the converged infrastructure management solution, supporting HP BladeSystem and HP Virtual Connect. This release is available as either an update to HP OneView 1.0/1.01 or as a full binary. It contains a virtual management appliance that runs on an ESXi host. The management appliance detects supported devices, recognizes software licenses installed on the managed node servers, and provides appropriate trial use permissions as necessary.
HP OneView 1.05 is optimized for HP BladeSystem with HP ProLiant Gen8 server blades and also supports HP ProLiant G7 server blades and Gen8 rack servers.
With the purchase of HP OneView licenses the user is entitled to receive an HP OneView "Overview" web based training course (WBT) at no additional charge. This self-paced course provides general information regarding the HP OneView product. Additional license ordering choices are also available in this release.
For more information about this release, refer to the HP OneView 1.05 Release Notes at www.hp.com/go/oneview/docs.
1. HP OneView 1.05 provides the following new capabilities optimized for HP BladeSystem through the virtual management appliance:
- VMware vCenter Server integration with HP OneView delivers powerful HP hardware management capabilities directly from the vCenter console to virtualization administrators,
- Active-Active configuration support for Virtual Connect reduces oversubscription rates for more predictable server-to-network-core traffic and provides faster link failure detection and failover times,
- RAID support for HP ProLiant blade servers allows local storage configuration support (ACU/SSA) in server profiles,
- Dynamic network changes supported in server profiles allows Virtual Connect administrators to change pre-existing connection networks and connection bandwidth without powering down blade servers,
- HP OneView appliance upgrade support from versions 1.0 /1.01 to current version 1.05, and
- HP ProLiant Gen8 server support for DL560, DL580, and BL660c Gen8.
2. HP OneView 1.05 provides a right-to-use (RTU) for HP Insight Control server provisioning 7.3. This is a separate download for those who plan to use this capability for multi-server, physical OS provisioning, and server configuration. HP Insight Control server provisioning software is not included on HP OneView media, but can be downloaded from http://www.hp.com/go/insightupdates.
3. HP OneView 1.05 provides a right-to-use (RTU) for the VMware vCenter Server integration (actually named ‘HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server 7.3’). This integration is a separate download and integrates HP OneView capabilities into VMware vCenter Server with viewing from the VMware console. It is not included on HP OneView media, but can be downloaded from http://www.hp.com/go/icvcenter.
06-18-2014 11:53 AM
Does 1.05 add the phone-home feature of SIM back where hardware failures were reported back to HP HQ? I believe this feature was called Insight Remote Support (IRS). Without it, OneView is not a suitable replacement for HP SIM in my environment.
06-23-2014 11:04 AM - edited 06-23-2014 11:07 AM
SIM never did phone home, it did however provide the integration point for Insight Remote Support.. saying that OneView does not provide that same integration point in this new era of Insight Online (7x) which is handled directly - if you are still using Insight Remote Support 5x or using IRS as a collection point for Insight Online then there will still be a dependence on SIM at least for the time being which means you'll be monitoring your OneView environment via HPSIM in addition to OneView.
You local account team and field resources can keep you in touch with the lastest information and developments.