ePrint Enterprise query (831 Views)
Occasional Visitor
marshmule
Message 1 of 3 (831 Views)

ePrint Enterprise query

Hi,

We have a wireless network which guests connect to when visting the office. Using an ePrint enabled printer assuming we have the ePrint server configured can we send documents to the printer via the corporate wireless using the ePrint App and AirPrint, rather than having to connect directly to the printer itself (peer to peer)?

Second question; is there a cost of ePrint Enterprise? I have been trying to find costs but failing miserably

Thanks in advance,

HP Pro
P_Leclerc
Message 2 of 3 (775 Views)

Re: ePrint Enterprise query

Is the wireless network that your guests connect to on the same network as your printers and the ePrint Enterprise server?  If not, you'll have to connect directly as you do now.

The ePrint Enterprise server has to be able to contact the printer directly.  It can't use the AirPrint connection on the printer nor can it send it over the Cloud to the printer's ePrint email address.

Setting up a print environment that is secure yet allows for things like guest printing is a balance. Some companies configure their ePrint servers to be accessed by both a guest network and and their internal secure corporate networks.  Others require a VPN connection into the corporate network.

As far as pricing information is concerned, I'm trying to find the appropriate person to respond to you.

I work for HP
HP Pro
P_Leclerc
Message 3 of 3 (772 Views)

Re: ePrint Enterprise query

I got more information about pricing (or at least the place to start the process).

Go to http://www.hp.com/large/ipg/gateway/enterprise_mobile_printing.html and click on the "Contact Us" in the upper right part of the page.

In a nutshell, pricing will depend on existing contracts (if any), the area you're located or which 3rd party partner you select.  Use the Contact Us link on the page I mentioned above and that will help get you directed to the right person.

I work for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.