Print quality problem using ePrint/Airprint on HP 3050A (795 Views)
Occasional Contributor
JohnWilliams
Message 1 of 1 (795 Views)

Print quality problem using ePrint/Airprint on HP 3050A

Hi - I'd be grateful if an HP expert could answer this for me:

When I send a photo via eprint, to print on HP Everyday 4x6 photo paper, the colours don’t look right, and the ink doesn’t dry properly – even days afterwards it will smudge if I run my finger over it. It seems it is laying too much ink on the paper and that makes me think the printer thinks it is printing to normal paper rather than photo paper.

The problem is the same if I use Airprint or the HP Home & Biz printing app from my ipod, or if I use eprint from my PC. Even when using the Home & Biz app I set the paper to 4x6 photo it still happens.

The other weird thing is that Airprint and eprint photos are printed without a border, whereas this printer usually puts a border on 4x6 prints. That’s not a problem for me, but I mention it in case it is relevant.

I should add that the same photo printed direct from my PC over my wireless network prints fine, with much better quality and properly dry ink.

My understanding is that photos sent via eprint are supposed to default to 4x6 photo paper, but this doesn’t seem to be happening. I'm sure the printer thinks it is printing to mormal paper instead. Can you help please?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation