Is ePrint & Share only for Network printers (1330 Views)
Occasional Visitor
cinci-khal
Message 1 of 3 (1,330 Views)

Is ePrint & Share only for Network printers

Is ePrint and Share only for networked printers? I have a Designjet 800PS 42" hooked up via USB cable to a PC and share the plotter on the local file/printer sharing network. When I search for printers on HP ePrint & Share it does not find any.  Is there any way to get this app to work with my plotter?

HP Pro
Jeffery_F
Message 2 of 3 (1,124 Views)

Re: Is ePrint & Share only for Network printers

All ePrint ready printers must be networked so that it can have access to the internet.

MarcAF
Message 3 of 3 (645 Views)

Re: Is ePrint & Share only for Network printers

Hi,

When your Designjet 800 is connected via USB to your PC, only can print through ePrint&Share from this PC. Even if this PC is connected to the network, you won't find this printer throught eprint&Share from another computer connected to the network.

We recommend the printer conected directly through the network. Then you will be able to print through ePrint&Share from any PC on the network.

Marc

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.