Re: Can a web enabled HP designjet plotter that does not have postscript installed print PDF files? (586 Views)
Occasional Contributor
goalison
Message 1 of 2 (901 Views)

Can a web enabled HP designjet plotter that does not have postscript installed print PDF files?

Hello everyone!

My boss asked me this:

1. When scanning or printing from the computer with HP eprint and share the files uploaded on the cloud are changed into PDF, or kept in the original file format?
  2. If I attach a PDF file to an email and send it to the HP designjet that has no postscript installed will it print it or not?

Thanks in advanced!

Neighborhood Moderator
MarcAF
Message 2 of 2 (586 Views)

Re: Can a web enabled HP designjet plotter that does not have postscript installed print PDF files?

Hi Goalison,

When scanning from your Designjet T2300 printer, the documents are uploaded to your print history as PDF files. Then you can download them as PDF files.

When you print through HP Designjet ePrint & Share Service Driver, a copy of your file is saved on your account. But this file is a PLT file ready to print. It's a copy (same quality and size) of the job printed when it was uploaded. When you download this document from your print history, it is downloaded as a TIFF file.

A Web-enabled HP Designjet printer can print a PDF file attached to an email even when this printer is not postscript. Remeber that the attached file cannot be larger than 10 MB.

You can also register your printer on www.hpconnected.com and edit your printer's email address.

Best regards,

Marc

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.