Re: AirPrint Name and Security (1369 Views)
Occasional Visitor
kernoonus
Message 1 of 3 (1,401 Views)

AirPrint Name and Security

Does anyone happen to know if:

1. Can I set a Host Name for a printer (specifically LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dw) in AirPrint? I think there may be a Bonjour option under the wireless settings, but I haven't seen this documented by HP yet. (not in the docs I read, at least)

2. Is there a way to restrict printing via AirPrint? Again, maybe there's something under the wireless settings, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I'm researching a printer to use with an iPad in a corporate enviroment. I'm considering the above mentioned model, but need to make sure I can set a host name and ensure wireless secuirty. 

Thanks in advance!

HP Pro
SecurePrinting
Message 2 of 3 (1,376 Views)

Re: AirPrint Name and Security

kernoonus wrote:

Does anyone happen to know if:

1. Can I set a Host Name for a printer (specifically LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475dw) in AirPrint? I think there may be a Bonjour option under the wireless settings, but I haven't seen this documented by HP yet. (not in the docs I read, at least)

2. Is there a way to restrict printing via AirPrint? Again, maybe there's something under the wireless settings, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I'm researching a printer to use with an iPad in a corporate enviroment. I'm considering the above mentioned model, but need to make sure I can set a host name and ensure wireless secuirty. 

Thanks in advance!

I am certain you can do these things.  Here is the User Manual for this device and it shows you how to configure this device for use with a Mac. 

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02663889/c02663889.pdf

The bonjure settings are usually part of the network configuration you can do using the EWS on the device.

I don't have that particular model availible to me so I can't tell you the maximum level of wireless security it supports.  WJA may also offer additional security controls that are not availible through the EWS.

Hope this helps!

Jen

I work for HP.
-- Give me Kudos by clicking the purple counter if this helped!
Occasional Visitor
GuyBehindTheGuy
Message 3 of 3 (1,369 Views)

Re: AirPrint Name and Security

Type in your printer ip address into a web browser to access the settings page.

Look for the [Netwroking] tab.

Choose [Network Identification] on the left side.

You'll see [Host Name] and [Bonjour Domain Name].  The Bonjour Domain Name should do the trick.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.