Re: P Class power issues (95 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Nigel Peirce
Message 1 of 5 (95 Views)

P Class power issues

We have five P-Class enclosures fed from a bus bar powered by two 3Phase power enclosures, each enclosure has six power supplies.

When running on a single power feed (Normally 3 phase) the right hand blades in our enclosures do not power back on without manual override. The Error Logs have messages to suggest the power supply is not redundant.
I have checked the power usage using the serial interface on the power enclosures and all 12 are averaging between 450-650 Watts each.
Each Power enclosure reports that "Enclosure Power Used: 3621W" & "Zone Power Allocated: 11804W", I am unsure what the Zone Power figure means!
All PSU show their status as "Present - Power Good"
Can anyone give advice on how to overcome this issue of them not automatically powering back on.
Occasional Contributor
Nigel Peirce
Message 2 of 5 (95 Views)

Re: P Class power issues

Forgot to mention that all enclosures have Firmware V2.33 & blades are running V1.91
Occasional Advisor
Pasquino
Message 3 of 5 (95 Views)

Hi,

is the load balancing cable installed?
Do you have a G1 or G2 enclosure?
Pasquino.
Occasional Contributor
Nigel Peirce
Message 4 of 5 (95 Views)

Yes the load balancing cable is installed and we have two G1 enclosures and three G2 enclosures.
Frequent Advisor
Veram_
Message 5 of 5 (95 Views)

Hi Nigel,

i suggest to update from 2.33 to 2.40

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=37...

because I guess it is FW related.

Best Regards
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.