09-17-2013 07:36 PM - edited 09-17-2013 07:38 PM
I got the existing HP ProLiant BL490c G7 installed in the HP c7000 Enclosure G2, Based on this article: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/D
- HP NC551m Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Converged Network Adapter (580151-B21)
- HP NC552m 10Gb 2-port Flex-10 Ethernet Adapter (610609-B21)
- HP NC553m 10Gb 2-port FlexFabric Adapter (613431-B21)
- HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLB FIO Adapter (684212-B21)
- HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554M Adapter (647590-B21)
- HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 554FLR-SFP+ Adapter (629142-B21)
How to check and confirm that type / model from the OnBoard Admin page ?
because I'm about to perform the ESXi 5.1 Update 1 upgrade (using VMware-ESXi-5.1.0-Update1-1065491-HP-5.50.26.iso) on top of the existing ESXi 4.1 installed on those running blade servers.
Thanks in advance.
09-18-2013 01:13 PM
Expand the device bay and select a server. Click on the Information tab and you will see network and mezzanine info.
You can do this from the CLI by running: show server info all
To get more details about LOM, etc you will need to view the docs regarding the server models.
09-19-2013 11:29 PM
Note the link you provided also says The following server models are affected and your BL490c G7 is listed there.
This is because it uses the NC553i (i = Integrated) CNA chipset which is identical to the NC553m when it comes to drivers and firmware.
09-20-2013 07:55 PM
Thanks for the reply, however I cannot find the keyword "Emulex" to make sure that I am downloading the correct Firmware to be applied across 16x HP BL 490c G7 in the enclosure.
is this the correct version of Firmware:
HP Emulex 10GbE Converged Network Adapters and 10GbE Network Adapters
220.127.116.11 (10 Sep 2013)
09-20-2013 09:01 PM