Gbe2c Layer2/3 switches & Procurve 2910al (41 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Chris Rosan2
Message 1 of 1 (41 Views)

Gbe2c Layer2/3 switches & Procurve 2910al

I'm putting in a solution which has 6 Gbe2c Layer 2/3 switches, which need to uplink to 2x 2910al gigabit switches. Uplinks will either be RJ45 gigabit or fibre (but won't make a difference for this).

There will be around 7 vlan's, some that need to travel across all switches, some that will just reside on the "pair" of Gbe2c L2/3's.

Also, there will be some Netapp SAN/NAS devices (using NFS & iscsi) that will be plugged into 1 of the pairs.

I've got a few questions.

Does anyone have a similar setup that they can point me in the right direction? The UI & CLI on these switches is pretty crappy (we'll get the Cisco's next time).

Also, the Netapp's (there are 2) will have 2 interfaces into each of the switch pair's for redundancy AND load-sharing. I need it to essentially be a port group across both switches in the "pair" (I'connect bays 5 & 6).

Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated, and points will be generously assigned.

Thanks in advance all.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.