C3000 and NTP failure (121 Views)
Occasional Contributor
DaveyKx
Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)

C3000 and NTP failure

Can anyone provide a link to documentation that describes the default behavior of the C3000 Chassis if the provided NTP server can not provide the appropiate time?

I have an internal NTP server, but the signal to keep the time is not the best.  I am concerned that if the NTP server is not getting signal how will the chassis behave as far as the time goes.  I also need to provide documentation for my dept manager as well.

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Matti_Kurkela
Message 2 of 3 (109 Views)

Re: C3000 and NTP failure

The chassis OA has an internal clock, which is periodically corrected by NTP if NTP server is configured and accessible. The NTP update period is configurable; the minimum interval is 60 seconds. I think the default interval was 24 hours.

So, when a NTP poll fails, the OA keeps using its internal clock value, and the clock keeps on tickin' with whatever accuracy it has.

If I recall correctly, the OA event log will show each NTP poll and indicate whether it was successful or not.

MK
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
DaveyKx
Message 3 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: C3000 and NTP failure

Thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation