Virtual Connect Stacking questions regarding module requirements (61 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
chuckk281
Message 1 of 1 (61 Views)

Virtual Connect Stacking questions regarding module requirements

Gaston had a MUlti-Enclosure Stacking (MES) question:

Hello Team, I have a Customer who is planning to cascade 2 C7000 Enclosures. One they have and buy a new one.

In the old Enclosure they have VC Flex-10 Modules in Bay 1 and 2. On the new Enclosure they’re interested in buying the new version Flex-10/10D and configure them in the same Bays. Is cascading supported in this scenario?.

In this document I’ve found that it’s not recommended: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc..., in page 16 it says: “All enclosures must have the same HP VC Flex-10/10D module configuration. For example, if bays 1 and 2 of the Primary Enclosure contain HP VC Flex-10/10D modules, then bays 1 and 2 of Remote Enclosures 1, 2, and 3 must also contain HP VC Flex-10/10D modules.”

Do you have another point of view?

Reply from Fred:

The document is correct. The enclosures in a multi-enclosure domain must all have the same module configuration.

Just FYI, the reasoning is that the 10D module, just like FlexFabric, supports FCoE Uplinks.

Anything with FC/FCoE uplinks must be configured identically across all enclosures in a domain.

This rule has been around forever I think in VC.

Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation