Viewing VirtualConnect information (bay/port) in SMH/NCU (206 Views)
Occasional Contributor
NDLbox
Message 1 of 1 (206 Views)

Viewing VirtualConnect information (bay/port) in SMH/NCU

I'm trying to setup a group of blades - I've gotten all the physical and VC networking taken care of, but now I'm trying to setup the software side (Windows 2008R2 and Hyper-V Server 2008R2).  I'm going crazy trying to correlate which Windows Network Adapter corresponds to which FlexNIC.  I started looking at MACs, but that is a headache and when you use Teaming it starts showing fake MACs so it becomes difficult to tell which switch your connection is active on.

Basically I need to know which Adapter goes with which FlexNIC so I can setup fail-over (I don’t want to saturate my stacking connections, so I want all my blades to use the same switch unless there is a failure ). Somehow, on one of my servers, the Bay and Port # the FlexNIC is plugged into shows up next to each adapter in the SMH and NCU.  I have no idea how I did this but it is massively helpful.

I used the Intelligent Deployment tool and ran SUM on my other servers just like the first but they all show “Bay 0 Port 0” next to each NIC.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.