02-25-2014 06:34 AM
We just received our used C7000 and i'm having some problem to plug it with our san. We have a Dell san, 2 fiber controler and 4 ports per controller. In our C7000, I have to Hp 4Gb VC-FC Module.
I create 2 san frabric: one per module with 2 port assing in each san fabric. Each san fabric is connect to one controller on the san. In my connector status, I have an INIT-FAILURE for all of them.
I also create a server profile to assing the fabric to a blade but still doing the same thing. I switch the gbic, try with other model and it did not fix the problem.
Do you have an idea?
02-28-2014 03:44 AM - edited 02-28-2014 03:48 AM
- The 4Gb VCFC cannot direct attached to your storage controllers. You need dedicates SAN Switches.
- You need also Virtual Connect Ethernet Modules for Management (VCM is emmbeded in ethernet module)
- Also not that some 4GB VC FC switches are obsolete in virtual connect firmware 4.1x. See Virtual Connect Release Notes.
- Use only 4GB FC SFP's that are listed in de Virtual Connect 4GB VC FC quickspecs
- Your SAN switch must be NPIV capable and NPIV must enabled for all ports to the VC modules.
Beginning with VC 4.10, the HP 4Gb VC-FC Module (409513-B21) is no longer supported.
see also the configuration guide "virtual connect fiberchannel cookbook".
02-28-2014 05:51 AM
I have the VC FC switch is the model 409513-B21 running 4.10. I'm using the original SPF from HP. I have also tested the SPF in a switch without succes. I'm not sure if the switch is running NPIP. That could be my problem?
02-28-2014 06:07 AM - edited 02-28-2014 06:25 AM
The 409513-B21 module is NOT SUPPORTED in VC Firmware 4.10, please downgrade VC Firmware to 3.75.
- What SAN Switches do you use, be sure they support NPIV, and NPIV is configured on the port
- SFP is only supported for the device he's maked for, you can't use a HP VC SFP in your SAN Switch
- Do you also have Virtual Connect Ethernet Modules?
- What SAN switch you have, do you have a productnumber and firmware revision?
- What is the partnumber of the SFP in your SAN switch?
- What is the partnummber of the SFP in your VC switch?
See also the VC 4.10 release notes,page 4: