07-22-2008 09:52 PM - last edited on 12-26-2013 06:24 PM by Lisa198503
I am installing two c7000 enclosures with 18 workstations xw460c with Windows xp-sp2 32-bit preinstalled.
Each workstation's memory has been upgraded to 4GB of RAM.
On the workstation startup it shows the 4GB but in windows XP it shows 2072MB only.
Adding /PAE to boot.ini: same problem.
Any help please before installing win xp 64-bits (as i know, the 32bit detects up to 4GB of memory; i agree if detecting 3GB but not 2GB !!!).
P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>Windows based to HP BladeSystem Server Blades. -HP Forum Moderator
07-24-2008 06:42 PM
MMIO (and BIOS shadowing, etc.) will consume a large portion of addresses under 4 GB (just a fact of 32bit oses) but shouldn't put you that low.
What graphics modules are installed in the blades? One fx560? Two?
07-25-2008 04:03 AM
- The 4GB are shown in the RBSU
- We have added another video card to each workstation (469067-B21: NVIDIA quadro FX560M).
Thanks for your help.
07-28-2008 08:30 PM
I would think with dual FX560MXM modules you should be getting around 2816 MB instead of 2072.
07-31-2008 10:27 PM
- If installing 4GB in the xw with the two video cards, windows detects 2075MB.
- When removing one card, it detects 3GB (more better).
- The strange behavior: if installing only 2GB with two video adapters, windows detects 2GB....!
- Rgarding the RBSU, that option still on defaults: Advanced ECC.