04-07-2014 02:35 PM
I have 2 BL460c G1, after run the latest SSP 2014, I haven't be able to make the broadcoms BCM5708 to work,
Only iLo was updated since there were not newest version for BIOS or other components
When booting after each one of the Broadcoms are detected but they send me the following message:
Device ID mismatches with PCI header!
As you can see, the mac address isn't valid for a broadcom nic
I already did rollback using SSP of 2013 that was de version it had
At the BladeSystem Onboard Administrator looking at blade's "Information" tab at the "Server NIC Information",
I see Port 1 & Port 2 as [Unkown]
This problem look similar to this:
But I haven't be able to make the NICs work
Any sugestion help will be appreciate
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-10-2014 06:40 AM
HP SUM and all components delivered in this Service Pack for ProLiant are tested together and meet the dependencies of the other components in the Service Pack for ProLiant.
Systems using software and firmware components delivered with the following products should be able to easily migrate to this SPP:
HP supports each SPP version for 12 months. Customers may choose to update to the current SPP from a previous SPP version. This is acceptable as long as the earlier version is within current version’s 12 month support period. This means that customers may directly update their SPP by skipping intermediate releases within the 12 month support period.
04-10-2014 10:02 AM
I used the procedure in the following link, but using the firmware bc08s740.bin
You can find firmware bc08s740.bin at:
"2. prepare the FreeDOS.iso
- after downloading open the iso with a tool like UltraISO
- add the XDIAG.exe and the bc08s740.bin to the iso
- save the iso with a new name
- burn it or mount it with ilo
3. Boot from CD
4. Run xdiag in engineering mode xdiag -b06eng
5. type device 1
6. nvm fill 0 0x600 0
7. nvm upgrade -bc "path to bin file/bc08s740.bin
8. nvm cfg and typed "default", then typed 16=10 wich sets the BAR size to 32 for this NIC (see the guide), then typed
8.1. run the command 1=00:00:18:xx:xx:xx to set your mac
9. type device 2 to set the configuration on the 2nd NIC and repeat steps 6-8,
12. do a full POWER CYCLE (unplug) of the server, run xdiag in eng mode again and confirm the that the MAC and RAM size are still changed. "
Both servers are working