BL2x220c G6 ... is 1 processor per node valid? (423 Views)
Neighborhood Admin
chuckk281
Message 1 of 1 (423 Views)

BL2x220c G6 ... is 1 processor per node valid?

Ivan had a customer question:

*************************************************************************************************************************

Quick question that I thought would have been easy … but now I need to confirm.

Is it possible to run a BL2x220c G6 with each node having only 1 processor installed?  Are 2 processors a technical requirement or rather simply an ordering requirement??

I have a customer that is requesting a single processor configuration, and I need to know if this is possible.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Arnaud responded:

********************************************************************************************************************

Sorry, no it is not. Processor kits include 2 processors. And more, QuickSpecs clearly say (look in Step 2 for CTO configuration):

HP Processors

(2 processors per server node required)

If I remember well it is because of heating constraints, for a good air circulation.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Does this help? Other input??

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.