Support Pack for Proliant Firmware Update over PXE (9107 Views)
Occasional Visitor
rtackett
Message 51 of 79 (1,968 Views)

Re: Support Pack for Proliant Firmware Update over PXE

I've been following this thread with great interest and I am very interested in setting this up for our RDP servers.  The biggest problem I can see right now is that I don't fully understand the entire process.  I've looked through the old 9.30 firmware instructions on doing this but I'm clearly missing something since the best I can get is to the kernel panic where the root= boot option is not correct.  Is anyone willing to put together a step by step guide on how to do this for RDP?  I'm using the 2012.10.0 SPP if that's useful as a starting point.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 52 of 79 (1,958 Views)

Can you clarify what you mean by "how to do this for RDP"? I'm assuming you mean something like "how can I configure the RDP server to allow clients to boot the SPP?" or do you mean adding the SPP as an RDP task?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rtackett
Message 53 of 79 (1,954 Views)

Actually, I mean, I would like to add the PXE boot option to allow this to boot.  Here's what I think I understand so far:

1. Put the ISO for the SPP in a folder on the RDP server.

2. Extract the /system directory off of the SPP ISO and place in a folder.

3. Create a folder inside that folder called pxelinux.cfg and create a file named 'default' inside that folder.

4. Edit 'default' so that it has the boot configuration with the following information:

label sos
  MENU LABEL Automatic Firmware Update Version 2012.10.0
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img media=net rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=514288 init=/bin/init loglevel=3 ide=nodma ide=noraid pnpbios=off vga=791 splash=silent showopts TYPE=MANUAL iso1=smbfs://userid:password/ipaddress/spp_iso/2012.10/HP_SPP_2012.10.iso iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice

5. In PXE Manager, create new boot option as Linux x64 with user files and direct it to the above folder.

6. PXE boot server and choose that option.

7. Work out a job that leverages this boot option that can then update the server automatically.

I'm definitely missing something because this doesn't actually work.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 54 of 79 (1,939 Views)

I can't speak for using SMB/CIFS to share out the ISO file, but several folks have posted the required workarounds -- see "sascha08_3"'s message 48 in this thread.

Also, it has been a long time since I used RDP, but from what I remember, it includes its own "pxelinux.0" (or equivalent) file and menu mechanism, so I don't think you need to create a "default" file, but just incorporate a boot entry into it (I could be way off on this -- you've been warned :). When the client boots from the menu entry, it is going to request the kernel (ie: SPP2012.10.0/vmlinuz) and initrd (ie: SPP2012.10.0/initrd.img) files via tftp, so they need to be present and readable underneath the root of the tftp daemon's default directory (or additional paths specified, depending on the implementation).

As for the overall steps, I would make the following modifications:

1. Put the ISO for the SPP in an SMB/CIFS shared folder on the RDP server.

2. Create a folder underneath the tftp root directory (ie: SPP2012.10.0) and copy the "initrd.img" and "vmlinuz" files from the /system directory of the SPP ISO and place in this folder.

3. In PXE Manager, create new boot option with the following information using the "system/isolinux.cfg" file from the SPP ISO as a template:

label vsos
  MENU LABEL Interactive Firmware Update Version 2012.10.0
  kernel SPP2012.10.0/vmlinuz
  append initrd=SPP2012.10.0/initrd.img media=net rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size= init=/bin/init loglevel=3 ide=nodma ide=noraid nopat pnpbios=off vga=791 splash=silent hp_fibre showopts noexec32=off numa=off nox2apic TYPE=MANUAL AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=no iso1=smbfs://userid:password/ipaddress/spp_iso/2012.10/HP_SPP_2012.10.iso iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice

4. PXE boot server and choose that option.

5. Work out a job that leverages this boot option that can then update the server automatically.

Hope this helps,

Pete C.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rtackett
Message 55 of 79 (1,938 Views)

Step 3 is where I'm confused.  When you say to create the configuration file based on that file, are you saying that I need to create a folder called pxelinux.cfg and then a file inside called default with that boot information in it?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 56 of 79 (1,923 Views)

Okay, I guess I don't understand the RDP mechanism -- normally on a *nix PXE server, you place the boot files under the root tftp directory/folder, and since there are usually multiple kernel and initrd images, you would separate them using folders (or you could just give each one a unique name under the root folder). Doing a little searching, it would seem that for custom PXE entries, RDP requires not only folders for the images, but also unique pxelinux.cfg folders and "default" files for each boot item.

So, I *think* you would want to do something like this, but it may depend on what version of RDP you are running (can you supply that information?):

Using this article as a reference, starting at step 2:

How to Remotely Install Red Hat 5.3 and Automatically Install the Symantec Management Agent with Dep...

1. Put the ISO for the SPP in an SMB/CIFS shared folder on the RDP server (or is there a specific place in the Deployment Share it should go?)

2. Create a folder structure underneath the deployment tree to contain the PXE boot file, "default" file, and the kernel/initrd files -- for example:

{Deployment-Share-Tree}\SPP2012.10.0\PXE\Boot

and copy the "initrd.img" and "vmlinuz" files from the /system directory of the SPP ISO to this folder. Also, copy the file "pxelinux.0" from the Deployment Share to this folder.

3. Create the folder:

{Deployment-Share-Tree}\SPP2012.10.0\PXE\Boot\pxelinux.cfg

4. Within the above folder, create a file named "default" with something similar to the following information using the "system/isolinux.cfg" file from the SPP ISO as a template:

default vsos
prompt 0
timeout 0
label vsos
  MENU LABEL Interactive Firmware Update Version 2012.10.0
  kernel SPP2012.10.0/vmlinuz
  append initrd=SPP2012.10.0/initrd.img media=net rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size= init=/bin/init loglevel=3 ide=nodma ide=noraid nopat pnpbios=off vga=791 splash=silent hp_fibre showopts noexec32=off numa=off nox2apic TYPE=MANUAL AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=no iso1=smbfs://userid:password/ipaddress/spp_iso/2012.10/HP_SPP_2012.10.iso iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice

5. In PXE Manager, create new boot option as Linux x64 with user files and direct it to the above folder

6. PXE boot server and choose that option.

7. Work out a job that leverages this boot option that can then update the server automatically.

I've never done this before, so I may be just talking out of my hat...

Pete C.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Michael Leu
Message 57 of 79 (1,843 Views)

FYI the new SPP 2013.02.0 is out with this new feature:

• Contains PXE Directory information and sample files about PXE booting the SPP ISO for improved qualification cycles, resource usage, maintenance windows, and downtime

Download here: http://www.hp.com/go/spp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation: Forum Site Map // ye olde ITRC Tree
@HP: please get rid of the Passport login timeout
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 58 of 79 (1,302 Views)

FYI -- SPP 2013.09.0(B) has been released (why is it a "B" release without a prior non-"B" release for this version?). There are some minor script changes, but nothing that seems to break the current methods for enabling PXE boot.

If you are interested in skipping the EULA/language selection screen in interactive mode, I've attached a patch file with the modifications to the "/opt/hp/hp-phoenix/srv/www/langsel.htm" file that I used for this release.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Michael Leu
Message 59 of 79 (1,286 Views)

[ Edited ]

For the new SPP 2013.09.0(B) there is already a hotfix needed if you have these systems

• DL380p Gen8 server
  • DL360p Gen8 server
  • ML350p Gen8 server
  • SL230s/SL250s/SL270s Gen8 server blades
  • BL460c/WS460c Gen8 server blade
  • DL160 Gen8 server

Advisory: SPP Hot Fix - HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) - CUSTOMER ACTION REQUIRED - ProLiant System ROM Components Included in HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) Version 2013.09.0(B) Require a Power-Cycle After Installation (c03928033)  

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?

spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay&spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03928033-1...

@Peter: Thank you for the patch file. I guess the "B" release stands for Beta ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jim Choate
Message 60 of 79 (1,258 Views)

Great thread, but I'm trying to locate exactly what method folks are using to accomplish this? I've seen directions for hosting the ISO over NFS, and the latest SPP documentation has the files hosted using httpd - just confused on where to actually start and which method to use.

-jim

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 61 of 79 (1,260 Views)

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't recall seeing support for httpd in "offline" mode. The "HP ProLiant and Integrity Firmware Management Best Practices Implementer Guide [HP Part Number: 613178-003, Published: February 2013, Edition: 1]" ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02049593/c02049593.pdf ) talks briefly about using httpd in the "Using a PXE server to deploy updates" section, but I'm guessing that the method shown in the latter section (which is far from complete, IMHO) might only be applicable when using a PXELINUX version that supports httpd and then it would only be used in place of tftp after pxelinux.0 is loaded (for example, when downloading the kernel and initrd).

Aside from that, I think the hosting choice depends on the host operating system and how comfortable you are with setting up the transport. IMHO, NFS makes more sense for a *NIX/BSD/Linux host whereas CIFS would be an obvious choice for a Windows host (not to say that it can't be the other way 'round, if you'd rather). For example, I'm using a Debian GNU/Linux host and although it has CIFS support (via Samba), I use NFS for serving out the SPP files because I'm more comfortable with setting it up (it seems simpler to me), but that is just me. I'm sure there are plenty of arguments to be made between NFS and CIFS regarding performance, resources, etc, but now I'm just trolling... :)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Michael Leu
Message 62 of 79 (1,251 Views)

I think the most complete instructions from HP are to be found in the SPP Release Notes. There is a chapter "Using a PXE Server to Deploy Components from the full SPP ISO over a network"

Direct Link for SPP 2013.09.0(B):  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/doc/p1822529277/v91508/SPP2013.09.0B-ReleaseNotes.pdf#page=2...

How to get there (in case the above link breaks):

http://www.hp.com/go/spp -> Download -> SPP Documentation -> Release Notes

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jim Choate
Message 63 of 79 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Michael - those are indeed the current steps I'm following. Getting the following when attempting to PXE boot:

err, eth0 failed to lookup hostname via DNS: name or server not known

return from dhcpcd 0

Warning!!! Unable to mount the file system.

Dropping to a shell. Good luck!

Good luck, indeed. ;)

Thanks for your input as well, Peter. The httpd method intrigued me as we wanted to be able to add newer updates to the source without hacing to create new ISOs. First things first, I guess. FWIW, I'm using CentOS 5.9 (because it was handy) and I **think** I have things set right - but admittedly I'm not a regular Linux user (but willing to learn.)

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 64 of 79 (1,210 Views)

[ Edited ]

I still don't see where httpd fits into your configuration, but then again I'm large of hands and small of brain...

Regarding the returned messages:

err, eth0 failed to lookup hostname via DNS: name or server not known
  return from dhcpcd 0

The first line is a "normal" error message if you are not using DNS (I do not use it in my environment). The second line is the good news, as "sbin/netconfig.sh" is saying that the DHCP client daemon returned a good (0) status. You can confirm that the interface settings are what you expected by issuing the command:

ifconfig eth0

from the shell that you are dropped to.

Regarding the warning message:

That message is coming from the "mount_media" function (defined in "etc/initrd.functions" and called from "init"), which calls "sbin/mount_url.sh". Since "sbin/netconfig.sh" is being run, your boot menu "media=" entry is set correctly, but did you correctly define your "iso1" and "iso1mnt" entries? For example, here is a PXELINUX boot menu example of what I use to NFS mount the extracted contents of the SPP ISO image (ala "Madis" method, courtesy of Madis Rehepapp -- see: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-ProLiant-Deployment/PXE-Boot-Image-from-an-ISO/m-p/3743898#M2965 ):

label SPP-2013.09.0
        MENU LABEL ^0) Firmware Update   2013.09.0(B)
        kernel SPP-2013.09.0/vmlinuz
        append initrd=SPP-2013.09.0/initrd.img media=network rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=808296 init=/bin/init loglevel=3 ide=nodma ide=noraid nopat pnpbios=off vga=791 splash=silent hp_fibre showopts noexec32=off numa=off nox2apic TYPE=MANUAL AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=no iso1=nfs://192.168.1.254/SPP-2013.09.0/ iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice
        ipappend 2
        TEXT HELP
    HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2013.09.0(B)
    Interactive Firmware Update
        ENDTEXT

Note that according to "sbin/mount_url.sh" (and as Michael mentioned, the SPP release notes) only SMB/CIFS, NFS, and local file systems are supported for mounting the ISO (or its extracted contents). From the shell that you are dropped to, you can attempt to mount your share/exported file sysem from the command line to see what error is returned. What protocol are you using to share out the contents of the ISO? Can you post your boot menu entry?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
QuimaxW
Message 65 of 79 (1,189 Views)

...another note with 2013.09, the cifs is still broken as the kernel is still missing the 'crypto' modules.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jim Choate
Message 66 of 79 (1,180 Views)

[ Edited ]

Peter Capriccio wrote:

I still don't see where httpd fits into your configuration, but then again I'm large of hands and small of brain...

Regarding the warning message:
That message is coming from the "mount_media" function (defined in "etc/initrd.functions" and called from "init"), which calls "sbin/mount_url.sh". Since "sbin/netconfig.sh" is being run, your boot menu "media=" entry is set correctly, but did you correctly define your "iso1" and "iso1mnt" entries? For example, here is a PXELINUX boot menu example of what I use to NFS mount the extracted contents of the SPP ISO image (ala "Madis" method, courtesy of Madis Rehepapp -- see: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-ProLiant-Deployment/PXE-Boot-Image-from-an-ISO/m-p/3743898#M2965 ):

label SPP-2013.09.0
        MENU LABEL ^0) Firmware Update   2013.09.0(B)
        kernel SPP-2013.09.0/vmlinuz
        append initrd=SPP-2013.09.0/initrd.img media=network rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=808296 init=/bin/init loglevel=3 ide=nodma ide=noraid nopat pnpbios=off vga=791 splash=silent hp_fibre showopts noexec32=off numa=off nox2apic TYPE=MANUAL AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=no iso1=nfs://192.168.1.254/SPP-2013.09.0/ iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice
        ipappend 2
        TEXT HELP
    HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2013.09.0(B)
    Interactive Firmware Update
        ENDTEXT

What protocol are you using to share out the contents of the ISO? Can you post your boot menu entry?

We can ignore the whole "httpd" thing, since obviously that's apparently a work in progress with HP.

Thanks for the link - the "Madis" method is the one I'm looking for. I'm using NFS for the share. My boot menu entries (I have two) are identical to yours and to the one in the Madis example, aside from using my own IP addresses & NFS shares names.

Neither one works, and I'm still getting "unable to mount the file system" and dropped to a shell.

(I've found that end-of-month/end-of-quarter is not the best time to be trying to troubleshoot such things. :/ )

If I try to mount anything from the shell, I get "can't read /etc/fstab". My guess is that I'm missing something on the server side in regards to how I have NFS set up. But that's just a guess.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 67 of 79 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]

Okay -- since you are using NFS, can you post your configuration?

For example, here is what I do on my Debian server regarding the NFS export directory:

- first, create the directory to hold the SPP contents:

# mkdir /home/FIRMWARE/SPP-2013.09.0

- optionally, create a symbolic link in the root directory to the SPP directory to shorten the path to "/SPP-2013.09.0" (not necessary, I'm just lazy):

# ln -s /home/FIRMWARE/SPP-2013.09.0/ /

- next, add an entry to "/etc/exports":

/SPP-2013.09.0  192.168.0.0/16(ro,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)

- finally, run "exportfs" to export the file system, where:

- r = applies any changes that have been made to /etc/exports
  - v = verbose operation (optional)

# exportfs -vr

- according to the CentOS V5.x docs ( http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/ch-nfs.html ) you can use "exportfs" or tell NFS to reload the exports file:

# service nfs reload

Of course, this assumes that NFS has already been setup to start on boot -- you can check the status (according to the CentOS V5.x docs) via:

# service portmap status
# service nfs status

When the "can't read '/etc/fstab'" message is returned from your mount command at the SPP shell, this is usually because the command is incomplete -- that is, the "mount" command requires the "device" and "directory" arguments to be present when issuing the command -- if you only supply one or the other, it will attempt to read "/etc/fstab" to obtain the missing parameter, but in this environment that file does not exist. For example, if I provide the "device" parameter of the command without the "directory" (mount point) parameter, I get that error message:

# mount -o nolock 192.168.1.254:/SPP-2013.09.0
mount: can't read '/etc/fstab': No such file or directory

If your NFS service is not running, you would normally see something like this when you try to manually mount the file system from the SPP shell:

NOTE that in the SPP's initial "busybox" shell, you need to specify the "nolock" option for NFS mounts, otherwise the process will hang for a long time before eventually timing out -- at least that has been my experience -- you can run commands in the background by using an ampersand ("&") at the end of the command line to avoid the wait

# mount -o nolock 192.168.1.254:/SPP-2013.09.0 /mnt/bootdevice
mount: RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused
mount: mounting 192.168.1.254:/SPP-2013.09.0 on /mnt/bootdevice failed: Bad file descriptor

If your NFS service is running, but you are missing the proper entry in "/etc/exports", you will see something like this:

# mount -o nolock 192.168.1.254:/SPP-2013.09.0 /mnt/bootdevice
mount: 192.168.1.254:/SPP-2013.09.0 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
mount: mounting 192.168.1.254:/SPP-2013.09.0 on /mnt/bootdevice failed: Bad file descriptor

NOTE that "/mnt/bootdevice" is where the SPP startup scripts mount the exported file system, but for testing you can use just "/mnt" or create your own mountpoint directory.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jim Choate
Message 68 of 79 (1,154 Views)

Success!

Came down to bad pathing in my pxelinux.cfg along with improper permissions on my NFS share.

I really appreciate you getting me pointed in the right direction, Peter.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
GrandBlanka
Message 69 of 79 (1,072 Views)

Hey im trying to PXE boot the spp 2013.09.0 (b)

But under bootup i get this:

/sbin/mount_url.sh: line 216: Iligal number: -1

Warning!!! Unable to mount the file system

Dropping to a shell. Good luck!

/bin/ash: can't acces tty; job turned off

#

me default file looks like this:

DEFAULT /pxelinux.cfg/vesamenu.c32
prompt 0
timeout 17

label sos
menu label Automatic Firmware Update Version 2013.09.0
kernel spp2013090/vmlinuz
append initrd=spp2013090/initrd.img media=net rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=808296 init=/bin/init loglevel=3 ide=nodma ide=noraid nopat pnpbios=off vga=791 splash=silent hp_fibre showopts noexec32=off numa=off nox2apic TYPE=MANUAL AUTOPOWEROFFONSUCCESS=no iso1=//192.168.0.20/ROOT/HP.iso iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice

I have been reading all the posts in here, but when i tryed a possible solution i just got a new error, and when i fixed that: back to the first error. 

Im trying to update a Proliant DL380p server.

Hope u guys can help me out.

Thanks

Kasper

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
dcolpitts
Message 70 of 79 (1,067 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kasper - below is my pxelinux.cfg\default file.  Try this for your entry instead.  You should also be able to test using a VM configured with a E1000 adapter - it will save you a bunch of time in testing - if you can get the HPSPP GUI to start in a VM, you'll be golden with your DL380p.  Just keep in mind your VM will need 4GB of RAM (I use a 2GB RAM disk), and use the LSI Logic SAS adapter with a drive type of SCSI.  If you are using VMware Workstation 10, I believe creating a new VM with a Guest type of 2008 R2 will give you everything you need to test with if you use defaults.

Be sure to adjust the bolded IP address, paths, and ISO filename as required below.

default menu.c32
menu title PXE Boot Menu
timeout 600
prompt 0
noescape 1

label HP Support Pack for Proliant 2013.09.0B
menu label HP Support ^Pack for Proliant 2013.09.0B
kernel hpspp/vmlinuz
append initrd=hpspp/initrd.img media=net rw root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk_size=2097152 init=/bin/init loglevel=8 ide=nodma ide=noraid nopat pnpbios=off vga=791 hp_fibre showopts noexec32=off numa=off nox2apic TYPE=MANUAL iso1opts=nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=600,hard,intr,proto=udp,vers=3,ro iso1mnt=/mnt/bootdevice iso1=nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/tftpboot/hpspp/SPP2013090.2013_0830.30.iso ipappend 2 netparm=device=eth0,verbose

Good luck.

dcc

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Capriccio
Message 71 of 79 (1,043 Views)

I think the issue in your case is with your "iso1=" parameter -- the "parse_url" function within "/sbin/mount_url.sh" gets called at line 216 and it is expecting a ":" to delimit the protocol from the rest of the string (even though the examples at the beginning of the script show something contrary). You can test it from the shell it drops you to, ie:

# /sbin/mount_url.sh //192.168.1.254/RemInst/2013.09.0
/sbin/mount_url.sh: line 216: Illegal number: -1

It expects to find "nfs:", "cifs:", or "smb:" and if not, it tries to guess the protocol. However, it seems that without the ":", the function chokes and then you get the "illegal number:-1". If you are using CIFS/SMB to share out the ISO, you should indicated that in your "iso1=" parameter, but even just inserting a colon (":") after the "iso1=" will at least get you by the parser.

The bad news is that as QuimaxW indicated in message 65 of this thread, the crypto stuff is still missing, so CIFS/SMB won't work anyway -- for example:

# /sbin/mount_url.sh ://192.168.1.254/RemInst/2013.09.0
modprobe: FATAL: Could not open '/lib/modules/3.0.58-0.6.2-default/kernel/crypto/md5.ko': No such file or directory

mount: mounting //192.168.1.254/RemInst/2013.09.0 on /mnt/192.168.1.254/RemInst failed: No such file or directory
/mnt/192.168.1.254/RemInst/2013.09.0

and in dmesg:

[ 2693.561111] CIFS VFS: could not allocate crypto hmacmd5
[ 2693.561113]
[ 2693.561115] CIFS VFS: could not setup hash structures rc -2

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
GrandBlanka
Message 72 of 79 (963 Views)

Thanks for the help guys. I got it working!

Debian NFS is the answer!

Kasper

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
dcolpitts
Message 73 of 79 (960 Views)

Most of our client sites are pure Windows sites, and introducing Linux is a head ache in getting approval, etc. As such, we utilize "haneWIN NFS Server for Windows". It's $29 Euros per installation (or site in our case), so it is cost effective for our setups, and setup and configuration takes about 30 seconds (we just cut and paste the exports in to the config file after installation and restart the NFS service to make the changes active).

The HPSPP works fine with it, and we use also 3Com OEM Boot Services for our TFTPBOOT / PXE server.

dcc
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
shocko
Message 74 of 79 (902 Views)

I just use the built-in windows NFS services. Works great :)

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Casper42
Message 75 of 79 (866 Views)

Not sure if it contains anything all that new on the PXE front, but just an FYI that SUM 6.0.1 is being released next week.  Here is the download page:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5204474&sp...

Inside the ISO is a PXE folder.

Release Notes including fixes and some changes in nomenclature will be posted to the Informaton Library next week:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/unified/hpsum_infolibrary.html

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation