11-25-2013 09:53 PM
1. Can HPA servers be shared with existing PPM environment?
- Eg. Split PPM DB instance to serve HPA, Install HPA on existing PPM App Server? Customer is using VM Ware for both PPM App and DB.
2. When setting up HPA, do we need re-start PPM server after configuration?
3. According to the install document, we can split the Web & App Server so that only Web Server is in DMZ – please confirm if there are no known issues/assumptions with this approach
4. Can 1 Web Server be configured to connect to more than 1 server? Eg. 3 or 4 HPA Servers in Sandbox, DEV, UAT, PROD ?
5. Can HPA support PPM Server which is configured with Service Isolation?
11-26-2013 03:43 AM
Thank you for contacting HP Anywhere.
We are checking the question you raised and we will do our best to answer you shortly.
Thank you for your patience
If some answer solves your problem, please mark it as a solution.
11-26-2013 04:22 AM
1. We do not know how what will happen when you install HPA with another software. IT may cause collisions with shared resources (ports, disk space...). We recommend a frash VM (thats the reason virtualization was made for), but you can try installing them together.
2. Only you can understand the implications of restarting your PPM. We do not require it.
3. HPA has only 1 server. You can place it in the DMZ or within the network. If you place it in the DMZ, please make sure you can access it by network from your mini-app server side to the PPM.
4. Yes. You can configure multiple data source to help you, or just hard code the location of these servers and route the request to the relevant instance by your own logic (admin or user settings for example).
5. Can you explain the service Isolation?
11-26-2013 11:33 PM
Thanks Adi for your prompt reply.
1. Noted the recommendation not to share server. However, can a clone of HP Anywhere Production be generated to VM image? Reason for asking is that this is how we'd recreate the DR for customer.
3. Understand we can setup a HPA Web Server in the DMZ and place HP Anywhere App/DB within intranet. Have this been implemented by other customers? Please advise any known issues or assumptions to make this work.
Will opening the SSL port be sufficient to allow internet access to the HPA server if placed within intranet?
4. Are these steps documented in the manual? I'm unable to find this in the installation and configuration guide.
5. Service Isolation is configuration of nodes on PPM App Server. I'd need to know if there's no support compatibility issues. Any PPM customers using SSO, Service Isolation who had successfully implemented HP Anywhere?
12-04-2013 10:28 PM
1. We didn't test clonning HPA through VM image.
3. HPA can be placed in the DMZ. It will help you as protocol breaking proxy since requests are recieved at your mini-app and then another applicative requests are sent to PPM.
Yes, all we need is the SSL port directed to our machine. I assume you have a load balancer in front if you want High Availability since we do not provide one for HPA 10.x versions.
4. These are not documented questions.
5. I'm not aware of such customer implmenting PPM.
12-05-2013 09:12 PM
3. Customer confirmed that users will connect to HPA after logging into corporate VPN. Please confirm that there's no issue with this setup where HPA will be within customer's intranet, and users access HPA through VPN.
6. Customer's PPM is integrated with NTLM for SSO authentication. Can HPA be integrated with NTLM for SSO? How will this work while PPM is setup for SSO?
7. User Management
– does HPA allow users to be imported from customer’s existing LDAP?
8. Can HPA leverage existing user access mgmt. (user role) in PPM without having to re-configure user groups/permissions?
12-08-2013 04:09 AM
3. We didn't test this configuration. You might have latency problems. I'm not aware of something that will stop such integration.
6. Please see Integration and configuration guide for admin. Search for SSI (Server Security Interface). This is an API that you can implement to integrate with any SSO solution.
7. Within this SSI you can integrate also with user management.
8. We don't have role management mapping to other systems. If you can query it from your mini-app you can use it within your mini-app logic.