Re: HELP STUCK - IDE installion is corrupted, cannot install or uninstall on machine (264 Views)
Trusted Contributor
CodyRP
Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)
Accepted Solution

HELP STUCK - IDE installion is corrupted, cannot install or uninstall on machine

I was having issues with the simiulator getting locked up on "Please wait while updates in progress"..

I went ahead and uninstalled the IDE - got locked up when attempting to uninstall and i was forced to cancel.  I was only able to get the install setup executable to allow back in install.  Somehow I am now in this perdicament

1)  When I run the install executable I am in install mode rather than repair/uninstall/modify 

2)  After i confirm the agreement on the 3rd step it tells me i already have another version installed and i cannot go further

3)  I have no option in control panel to uninstall HP Anywhere it doesn't appear

4)  the c:\HP direction has been removed

basically theres no sign of HP Anywhere being installed at all on my machine yet when i try to install it tells me i have to uninstall first... can someone point me to config directories or registry files which might lead my machine to believe there is an installation of the IDE .. need to rebuild my work environment from scratch

Trusted Contributor
CodyRP
Message 2 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: HELP STUCK - IDE installion is corrupted, cannot install or uninstall on machine

Used this fix it tool and found that the HP Anywhere Chrome Plugin is what was causing this problem, the tool below seemed to uninstall it fully so now I'm back on track

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/

Respected Contributor
TamirV
Message 3 of 3 (247 Views)

Re: HELP STUCK - IDE installion is corrupted, cannot install or uninstall on machine

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the information with us.

Please let us know if there is tomthing else that we can assist with.

Tamir Verthim

Tamir Verthim
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.