01-26-2014 10:26 PM
The Agile Manager team has a new update for you that is chock-full of usability and functional enhancements you requested.
Check out the details below!
We also successfully migrated to a new database architecture. This will ensure fewer downtimes and more uninterrupted work in Agile Manager.
Slim navigation menu and header
The new slim navigation menu and header leaves more room for your grids, boards, and graphs.
At the top of the screen, click the navigation menu button and select an area to begin. Links to pages are arranged across the top of the screen.
The new header also changed the following:
• Some header text to icons, including links to the Configuration module and Back to Agile Manager, as well as the Help and Recent Items menus.
• The status widgets, from pie charts to bar graphs.
• The logout button, now located behind the user profile icon.
Export tasks and acceptance tests
Export items from the Sprint Backlog page or the Task Board to an Excel file to include tasks and acceptance tests.
• On the Sprint Backlog page, select More Actions > Export Backlog to Excel.
• On the Task Board, click the new Export Backlog to Excel button.
• In the Export Backlog to Excel dialog box, select whether you want to export tasks, acceptance tests, or both.
Export themes and features
Export themes and features to an Excel or CSV file.
• On the Themes or Features grids, filter the items and arrange the columns you want to export.
• Select More Actions > Export Backlog to Excel or Export Backlog to CSV.
Use the new Previous and Next arrow buttons on the Details page to browse items opened from a grid
• From any grid, click an item ID to view the Details page.
• Use the buttons to navigate to the previous or next item in the grid's filter.
Retrieve backlog items from the archive
You can now display and retrieve individual user stories or defects.
• From the Product Backlog > Backlog page, select More Actions > Display Archive.
• Retrieving a child item (user story, defect, or feature) now also retrieves its parent feature and theme.
• Sibling items, such as other features under the same theme, remain in the archive.
Now you can manage releases and sprints in Agile Manager and synchronize them with ALM.
Synchronized data includes release and sprint/cycle names, start and end dates, and release attachments.
• Create a new Release link to start synchronizing release data, and configure it as you would a defect or requirements link.
• On the Rules tab, select whether you want to automatically map new releases or sprints found in both endpoints with identical names.
Note: Download and install new Synchronizer server and client versions to receive these updates. In an FTP client, access the installation files at ftp://agm_r:firstname.lastname@example.org/
For installation instructions, see the Help Center.
Aggregated ALI metrics
View aggregated ALI data for upstream builds.
• On the Build Summary page, select Downstream Builds to view data for child builds.
• On the Build Details page, click Tree View to show the build in the tree.
Other usability enhancements
View defects per feature
The Features grid now displays the number of defects per feature in the Defects column. Click the number to display a grid of the feature's defects.
• The number of user stories associated with each feature is now displayed in the User Stories column.
• Additionally, progress bars now show data from defects as well as story points and user stories. Hover over a progress bar to display details.
View number of selected items
The footer at the bottom of grid pages now indicates how many items you currently have selected.
Create linked items
You can now create linked user stories or defects from any grid. Select an item and then select More Actions > Create Linked Item.
The Planning button now appears on the Defect Management page. Click to plan defects to a release, sprint, and team.
In Storyboard lane headings, an infinity sign now indicates a WIP limit that is not set instead of plain text.
SD00030205 Grid columns always remain aligned with column titles.
SD00039020 Use the Update Selected option to update the value of a custom field for a single item.
SD00040101 Items in multiple selection lists can now have a maximum of 65 characters.
SD00040443 Error fixed for comments in synchronized defects.