Re: What can we expect from the Agile Manager Synchronizer (833 Views)
Advisor
cocarp2000
Message 1 of 8 (885 Views)

What can we expect from the Agile Manager Synchronizer

We are working on defining our new process in ALM and want to make sure it aligns properly with AGM.  What data can we expect the synchronizer to synchronize into ALM? 

Is there a particular structure or tree that the synchronizer will follow?  That is, will the themes and features be synchronized into a folder called HP Agile Manager? 

Will this structure be:

Requirements Root -> HP Agile Manager -> Themes -> Features -> User Story -> Task

Or

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Omer_Benedict
Message 2 of 8 (865 Views)

Re: What can we expect from the Agile Manager Synchronizer

Great question.

The first release of the Synchronizer is still work in process.

The Synchronizer should be able to synchronizer requirements and defects to ALM in its first release.

In general the structure of Theme->Feature->User Story will be required in ALM.

Having said the above, we will provide much more detailed guidelines with the release of the Synchronizer.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
MacJ2
Message 3 of 8 (856 Views)

Hi,

I hope you mean that you also can have other requirement types in ALM besides those used in Agile Manager but still synchronize?

I think of AM handling the change phase (project) of say a product/system/process. The maintenance items of the product/system/process is then best described in ALM as you have complete freedom in defining suitable entities

Best Regards

Marcus

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cocarp2000
Message 4 of 8 (851 Views)

Omer,

Thanks for the reply.  We also need the tasks to be syncronized into ALM as well.  Any information we have in AGM needs to by somehow syncronized back into ALM with 2-way syncronization.  This is required for a number or reasons.  The number of tasks associated with a User Story and the work being done on that user story needs to be represented in ALM for reporting purposes.  A task to us, is work that needs to be done to accomplish the user story (which is the smalled unit of business value).  This work needs to be reported against at this enterprise level.  Since Agile Manager does not provide cross tenant funcitonality, ALM is our main hub for Enterprise reporting.  Many customers have ADVANCED reporting built into ALM that accesses the database directly.  With AGM we do not have this option rending most of the Dashboard graphs in AGM usless to us. 

Secondly, when I have people working on tasks and they have ALM open, there should be no need to burn down hours or change a status of a task from In-Progress to Complete.  We expect members of our team will have the choice of their prefered tool.  This is especially true with our developers (who I am just happy if they even think about burning down hours).  We need this to be as simple as possible for each memeber of our team.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cocarp2000
Message 5 of 8 (850 Views)

"there should be no need to burn down hours or change a status of a task from In-Progress to Complete in Agile Manger."  - I left out a very important word there :)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Victoria Voinigescu
Message 6 of 8 (833 Views)

Thank you for the question.

Agile Manager is our solution for Agile project management. We synchronize requirements and defects between Agile Manager and  ALM. We do not duplicate the agile project management capabilities in ALM.

Multiple products support (including cross-product reporting) is  planned for the next release after GA.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cocarp2000
Message 7 of 8 (829 Views)

The request is not for HP to duplicate the agile project management capabilities.  The request is to own our data in-house so we have full control to manipulate and report on this data.  There is a good chance that this will be a deal breaker for many companies once they find out they have no means of storing and reporting on their effort in ALM. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TamerHusnu
Message 8 of 8 (776 Views)

I've seen Defects and Requirements mentioned in a few threads regarding the Synchronizer, what about the Release level?

I would like to have a Release defined in ALM, and have the AGM Release synch to this also.

I can imagine seeing my Sprints synchronized as Cycles within ALM.

This is important for Releases which are cross asset, involving a few seperate projects.

I could theoretically have a single Release setup in ALM, with two traditional projects underneath it tracked in ALM.

A third Agile project tracked in AGM can be synched to the same Release via clever use of the synchronizer.

Is this a possibility?

If not now, then with a later release of AGM/Synchronizer?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation