Re: Multiple projects? (426 Views)
Advisor
tico24
Message 1 of 10 (469 Views)

Multiple projects?

How do I configure Agile Manager for multiple projects? I understand how to create multiple releases of the same product, but how do I configure it to handle two separate development activities on two separate products?

I'm probably missing some really obvious step, but would appreicate some assistance.

Frequent Advisor
tsachm
Message 2 of 10 (444 Views)

Re: Multiple projects?

Depending on your organization structure, constructing team through the configuration page and
assigning the activity(ies) to the team can work.
I know that there is also different initiative of having several tenants (and physical separation) per single customer.
Trusted Contributor
roryboyd
Message 3 of 10 (426 Views)

Using a combination of Themes and Project Teams, one can separate distinct projects as well as leverage resources between the projects.

It would be nice if HP Agile Manager had a "Project" attribute.  However, current design would support my Agile Factor of 3-4 projects.

The key is making sure each story in your backlog is properly labeled with an appropriate Theme.

- Rory

Regards,
- Rory
Frequent Advisor
tsachm
Message 4 of 10 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree.

We got a variations of those request from few customers and it's definitely in our priority backlog

Advisor
tico24
Message 5 of 10 (403 Views)

I'm interested to learn how this would work with the planned ALI integration between Agile Manager and ALM.

Frequent Advisor
Omer_Benedict
Message 6 of 10 (397 Views)

Could you add some details to the question about ALI? I am not sure I understand the question.

Advisor
tico24
Message 7 of 10 (393 Views)

I guess ALI is only really part of my question. I have a couple of scenarios that I'm unsure of:

1. I currently have ALI running on 10 different ALM projects. Some of these projects share the same release name (eg "release 1"), but they are not for the same product. How will this be managed in Agile Manager?

2. How will agile manager put defects from product A into ALM project A, and defects from product B into ALM Project B?

Collector
Raziel
Message 8 of 10 (377 Views)

Hi all,

I believe supporting multiple products might be a good topics for the enhancements requests section. I do believe the product will need to support multiple products more natively.

Raziel.

Frequent Advisor
Omer_Benedict
Message 9 of 10 (374 Views)

In general once the synchronization between Agile Manager and ALM is available, it should be able to synchronize multiple ALM projects to a single Agile Manager project.

Hope  it answers your questions.

Advisor
tico24
Message 10 of 10 (366 Views)

Should I repeat my post there? I don't want to spam the whole set of discussion boards with this.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.