11-14-2012 08:48 PM
1. how does integration between AM and ALM happen?
2. If I have exisiting AA based projects in ALM can it be imported into AM?
3. How does user migration based on LDAP settings in ALM reflect in AM?
4. What is the type of Sync between the AM and ALM Databases for the date modifications? Is it real time or is it scheduled? Does it have any latency?
5. If we integrate AM with our ALM environment, then do we have to do modifications in our ALM environment or setup?
6. For doing integration between ALM and AM, do we need to raise a case with HP or will we have an opportuinity to do the integration on our own.
11-15-2012 07:53 PM
Was I wrong to carry the idea that there would be a more sophisticated way to Integrate ALM and AM?
If AM is being used as Saas provided by HP and ALM on our network, then would the synchronizer integration work?
Or is AM going to be provided as a tool to install on our local infrastructure as well. If we set it up on our local infrastructure then can we use the same ALM db which is being used for an AA project for AM?
11-18-2012 03:32 AM - edited 11-19-2012 02:55 AM
You were not wrong. The Synchronizer will be the tool to synchronize between ALM and Agile Manager. The Synchronizer will be installed an configured on premise.
In high level, in its first release the Synchronizer will allow a bi-directional synchronization of defects and requirements, when new requirements need to be created or deleted in Agile Manager.
You can also find some more detailed discussions regarding the Synchronizer in this community, one of these is in Alon's link from the previous comment.
11-21-2012 01:07 AM
So till now Q1 from my original post was answered. How about the rest? Any pointers?
Also another question, regarding the synchronizer configuration, will HP be assisting in the setup (Not PSO, implying HP only). And if not then will the customer be provided with the access to the DB of their AGM environment?