Misc. defect tab enhancements (347 Views)
Advisor
OlivierJacques
Message 1 of 3 (347 Views)

Misc. defect tab enhancements

Please add the following for your consideration as enhancements for the defect tab:
- When viewing defect details, we would need to have buttons (like < and >) to navigate between defects of the list, instead of going back and forth between defect details and the list of defects

- Description needs to be scrollable or have a "..." button, or be displayed in full and not truncated. Today, I have to click in the description to see it in full.
- Comments should be viewable without having to click the bubble button

- A "sticky add comment" button would be nice, so that we can add comments from anywhere we are in the defect
- In defect list view, need a way to assign, in batch, selected defects to release/sprint (maybe add it to the "more actions" menu?)

Thanks.

--
Forj: continuous integration & delivery for the masses
http://www.hp.com/go/forj
Do not hesitate to mark a question as closed if you think you have all you need (Kudos do help too :-) )
Frequent Advisor
TerryCapone
Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

Re: Misc. defect tab enhancements

Hi,

Thanks for your input,

Here are some details regarding your suggestions:

• Having a 'Next' / ' Previous' buttons to navigate between items is already on our backlog - Thanks for reinforcing this need
  • Regarding the description and comments sections current display: One of our goals when designing the user experience in Agile Manager, is to keep a clean UI view as much as possible, and avoid information overload at the first glance. That's why only part of the description is displayed by default, and the rest is easily available on click. In similar manner - comments are collapsed by default, but indicates amount. But, thank you for your feedback regarding it, we will take it into account.
  • The 'Comments' section by the way, can be opened by using the ' +' button of the left of the 'comments' title, without the need to click the bubble icon.
  • Batch operation of items such as defect is also on our backlog :-)
  • Regarding the "sticky comment" button, would having 'Add comment' available on right click menu from the grid help? Can you elaborate a bit on few use cases that might seem relevant for this action to be available? 

Thank you again for your feedback,

Terry

Advisor
OlivierJacques
Message 3 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: Misc. defect tab enhancements

Hello Terry,

Thanks for your feedback!

• Description and comments fields:  I understand (and support!) a clean UI. Just wanted to emphasize that Description & comments are the main fields for a defect, and having to click a button to see the content of those 2 fields is not very efficient. I'm happy to record a video of a working session so that you judge the usability of how it stands today.
  • "Sticky add comment": the intent is to be able to add more data to a defect, quickly. Few use cases:
  1. In the defect grid view, I want to be able to add a comment to an existing defect, so that I can more details during a bug meeting
  2. In defect details, I want to be able to add a comment to the defect, regardless of where I am when scrolling within the defect, so that I can see the relevant data/fields while adding a comment. Ideally, the comment is a discussion thread which is always visible on the screen when browsing a defect

Thanks,

Olivier.

--
Forj: continuous integration & delivery for the masses
http://www.hp.com/go/forj
Do not hesitate to mark a question as closed if you think you have all you need (Kudos do help too :-) )
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.