Favorites functionality on Group Stories View (142 Views)
Advisor
TamerHusnu
Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)

Favorites functionality on Group Stories View

Hi,

I use the Favorites funtionality to save certain views in the Backlog which I find useful.

I would love to have the ability to dop the same on the Group Stories view.

Otherwise I keep clearing and re-setting the filters over an over again.

Thanks,

Tamer

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Ronen
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Favorites functionality on Group Stories View

Hi Tamer,

We have created an ER for the requested functionality.

Can you elaborate on what Group Stories represent in your project and what metrics do you track on them?

Thanks,

Ronen

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TamerHusnu
Message 3 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: Favorites functionality on Group Stories View

Hi Ronen,

Thanks, I would greatly appreciate this functionality!

I'll briefly outline how we use the Group Stories / Child Stories in our org....

We have our typical User Stories written up with the user in mind:
"As an XXX user, I would like to be able to YYY so that ZZZ"

Now in a vanilla setup, this User Story should suffice for the Team to do a Task Breakdown.

It's not so simple for us (Enterprise IT), due to the fact that our User Stories are not isolated to a single piece of software.

Our User Stories are impacting multiple different applications from Portal UI's down through different levels of Services (all owned by different teams) to maybe some SAP system, and back up again.

A User Story cannot be assigned to a single team for task breakdown, as there are multiple teams and applications behind that one User Story.

This is where the Story Group / Child Stories come into play for us.

We use the Break Story functionality to create Child Stories for each application affected by the User Story.

This way we get to have a "Real" backlog view (as any Group Story is per definition for us a User Story which is just the "what", not concerned with the "how"), ready to be prioritised by what brings the most value to end users.

I could provide some more information if anyone requires.

Hope this explains clearly how my organisation uses the StoryGroup/ChildStories elements!

Thanks,

Tamer

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation