Re: 3rd party DVD-ROM drive for rp2405 (86 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
Dave Wherry
Message 1 of 5 (86 Views)
Accepted Solution

3rd party DVD-ROM drive for rp2405

[ Edited ]

Does any one know if there are 3rd party DVD-ROM drives available for the rp2405?

I received a new one a while back and it did not come with a DVD-ROM drive. It also did not have HP-UX loaded and on this network I do not have an Ignite server. So I'm getting by with a loaner from HP Support and that has to go back soon.

My boss choked when I gave him the price for a new SMART Desktop DVD-ROM (C4314A). He wants me to look for a 3rd party drive. I've never seen one.

Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Storage > General to Servers > hp 9000.- Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Caesar_3
Message 2 of 5 (86 Views)

Re: 3rd party DVD-ROM drive for rp2405

Hello!

Let's say that if you have SCSI connector on
your server and you will buy DVD with this
type of SCSI connection it will work because
SCSI is a standart.

Caesar
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Eugeny Brychkov
Message 3 of 5 (86 Views)

Caesar is right until you work under 'sdisk' hpux driver. Booting may be a problem from device having non-HP firmware
Eugeny
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Eugeny Brychkov
Message 4 of 5 (86 Views)

I was not clear. I meant that under powerful sdisk driver all SCSI devices should work, but PDC may have dumb version of this driver and may have troubles accessing non-HP device
Eugeny
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Dave Wherry
Message 5 of 5 (86 Views)

Your answers are as I suspected. Sure it should work. However it could cause more problems than the hundred bucks we could save would be worth.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation