script bdf /mount_point with certain percentage usage and then do certain action (48 Views)
Advisor
zap_2
Message 1 of 4 (48 Views)

script bdf /mount_point with certain percentage usage and then do certain action

Dear All Unix masters,

I have script below:
bdf /u11|awk '{print $5}'|tail -1|cut -c 1-2

How to improve the above script if /u11 reach 75% usage then do the following actions:
a)mailx to certain list mail address
b)move all file in /u11 to the temporary mount point

Please help.Many thanks.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
likid0
Message 2 of 4 (48 Views)

Re: script bdf /mount_point with certain percentage usage and then do certain action

There is a great script that I have attached that does what your asking for, the author of the script is Bill Hassell, so the points should be for him
Windows?, no thanks
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Prashantj
Message 3 of 4 (48 Views)

Re: script bdf /mount_point with certain percentage usage and then do certain action

Hi Zap,

Please find attached file contained the require script. Attached script search all mounted file system above 90%.

a) mailx to certain list mail address - included
b) Move all file in /u11 to the temporary mount point - files move as per size, subject or extension. ?

Hope this will help you.
Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 4 of 4 (48 Views)

I wrote a script as other friends did here, it can meet your requirements, if directory usage reach a defined value it will delete file you stated; before deletion check ,if it is open ,and close it to prevent possible corruption.
It is good for Solaris , but I do think ,,you can easily midfy for HP-UX. and beside do not forget to set ref=75 ..

Regards
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation