12-20-2010 06:06 PM
Connect locally using serial port connection, reset the module and press a key within 5 sec to access the service menu.
check page no 20-25 of UPS management module user guide for configuration details.
Steps to Recover/Reset the password.
1. Be sure that you have connected the configuration cable to the management module and the host computer with an open terminal emulation session.
2. Press the Reset button on the management module front panel.
3. On the terminal emulation session screen running on the host computer, the POST executes, and the following prompt appears:
Press any key in 5 seconds to enter Service menu.
4. Press a key to enter the HP UPS Management Module Service Menu.
5. change/reset the password and other settings required to access module remotely.
Hope this helps,
Please keep me posted ont he outcome.
12-21-2010 06:20 AM
Steps mentioned has helped to recover the information in my case. although I had done long time back.
However, in your case you are able to get through to terminal.
sometime downgrading or upgrading firmware of UPS management module reset the settings to default and you should be able to login using default user admin (lowercase)
UPS management module latest firmware
Please note : you may to reconfigure the module after the firmware upgrade as it loads defaults.
if you are still not able to login or reset the password then log a case with HP.
Module replacement seems to be last resort.
12-21-2010 09:48 AM
-Hit r to "Restore Configuration to Manufacturing Settings" (Reset to Factory Default) it will reset every thing include the PW back admin/admin. Save and exit
You must set IP to access the module after save.