Trying to Execute a Custom Script upon Power Failure w/ R/T3000 (184 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dzemina
Message 1 of 1 (184 Views)

Trying to Execute a Custom Script upon Power Failure w/ R/T3000

[ Edited ]

I have created a .bat script that remotely shuts down several servers on my network when power is lost. I have placed this script in c:\shutdown\shut.bat. I can manually execute this script and it runs just fine, but I can't get it to run in the HP UPS webapp. I have changed the Shutdown Type from the default "shutdown" to "Script" and I have set the box for script location to reflect where my script is: "c:\shutdown\shut.bat" I then press test shutdown and nothing happens, aka the script does not run. I know it does not run because I checked the log file and there were no new entries (aside from the times I manually ran the script by clicking on it). What can I do to get the UPS to run this .bat script for me? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

PS This is my script (it works, but just posting it in case)

::VMs

psshutdown.exe -t 10 -u Administrator -p emats2 @VMNormList.txt -s -f -m "Power Failure, All systems automatically shutting down. SAVE ALL YOUR WORK."

::Systems

psshutdown.exe -t 150 -u Administrator -p emats2 @ServNormList.txt -s -f -m "Power Failure, All systems automatically shutting down. SAVE ALL YOUR WORK."

ECHO.%DATE%:%TIME%:Shutdown Initiated >> c:\shutdown\log.txt

P.S. This thread has been moved from Tape Backup (Small and Medium Business) to to Servers > general. - HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation