Re: Open floppy disk in Vax/VMS. (182 Views)
Occasional Visitor
m_surmani
Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)

Open floppy disk in Vax/VMS.

Hello colleagues,

In the last week I started to use a machine in my experiments which their software runs in VAX/VMS system. So, the question tends to be stupid because it is my first contact with OpenVMS, unfortunatelly I don't know nothing about this. My question is:

How can I access the files from a floppy disk in VAX/VMS system? Or, how can I open the floppy disk?

Thank you, everybody.

Marcos.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Steven Schweda
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: Open floppy disk in Vax/VMS.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Bob Blunt
Message 3 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Open floppy disk in Vax/VMS.

First, tell us what type VAX you're using?  There's a model number on the sticker but what it says on the front should be close enough for starters.  There are only two ways to access a floppy on a VAX.  You either mount the floppy as a "foreign" media or one with a label.  $ MOUNT/FOR devnam or $ MOUNT/OV=ID devnam.  If you don't know what device name you have for the floppy please post the outpuf from $ SHOW DEVICE D<cr>

We're stuck until we've got that information, we can't help beyond what guesswork we've already provided.

bob

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation