06-28-2013 09:47 AM
Looking at my directories on a system that was upgraded from HP-UX 11.23 to 11.31 and noticed that /var seemed to have a lot of stuff in it. Looking closer with #du -axk | sort -rn | more I see this:
Can the ADSP* files be cleaned up? Any other suggestions for cleaning up /var?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-02-2013 05:07 AM
I would suggest the following:
- clean up wtmps (bzip2 -k /var/adm/wtmps ; > /var/adm/wtmps)
- what about ./adm/sw/save_custom/PHCO_39498/jre_old.tar is it redundant?
- clean up mail.log and syslog
- ADSP_BBAa15931 sounds like some sw bundle name. If it is older than the last reboot, I would compress it. If not, it depents ...
- run cleanup to remove old patchbackups
I hope, this helps.