12-02-2012 09:35 PM
I have a new DL360e Gen8 Server with B320i/512MB Controller.
It has 2 x 450GB SAS HDD and a SAS License Key.
We already inputted the SAS license key so that it can support SAS drives.
We set the RAID into mirrored mode using the Intelligent Provisioning.
In the Intelligent Provisioning we can see the two hard drives.
But when we are installing CentOS 6.3 on it, in the middle of the installation it shows an error.
"NO HARD DISK FOUND"
We try to find firmware update or driver for the controller but we could not find any.
Can someone help me in this matter or if anyone encountered this problem and found a resolution can you please tell me how to solve this
Many Thanks and God Bless.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-02-2012 11:40 PM
You need the controller driver.
Please try with this one.
12-03-2012 01:00 AM
Here are the steps:
- Download RHEL 6.3 Software Driver Update and extract it.
- Copy hpvsa-1.2.4-4.rhel6u3.x86_64.dd to a USB Key formatted as FAT32.
- Once the floppy driver diskette ready on the USB Key and the Array is being created, is time to begin the CentOS 6.3 installation by booting from the DVD.
- On the main installation menu for CentOS, mount the USB Key with the driver on it. At the installation menu, select the installation method (just highlight it) and hit “ESC” key to receive the "boot:" prompt
- At that "boot" prompt enter the following command: linux dd blacklist=ahci
- Hit ENTER Select Yes for driver diskette, Select the USB drive.
- Select the driver disk image and select OK .
- Continue the OS installation, then just click select the logical volume where to install the CentOS 6.3.
12-03-2012 01:49 AM
I extracted the rpm file but the format is .cpio.
Can i use this or i should use the .dd format?
Can you please tell me also how to extract the rpm file into a .dd format file?
12-03-2012 09:09 AM
The RAID functionality for the B120i and B320i controllers in the "e" series ProLiant servers is provided by a software driver. Unlike the cciss/hpsa driver for the "p" series Smart Array controllers, the driver for these software RIAD controllers is closed source and offered in binary form only. Currently the drivers are available for RHEL and SLES. You should be able to use the RHEL driver with CentOS but it is not a supported option.
You need the hpvsa driver in "dd" format to use for installation. The link is here
Whenever you update the kernel, you will need to install a new version of the hpvsa driver
06-18-2013 02:51 PM
07-21-2013 06:31 PM
"Whenever you update the kernel, you will need to install a new version of the hpvsa driver"
There is new binary RPM kmod-hpvsa available to be downloaded. If I update my kernel to 6.4 from 6.3, do I just install the kmod-hpvsa rpm for 6.4 ? If not that simple, can you help to provide the update instruction?
12-10-2014 11:02 PM
We too faceing same problem. We follow the HP recomnded way (as per web site) but still we unable to install the OS.
Can you share steps and correct files with us.
Your guide works man.
Thank you so much, you saved my day.
By the way heres the right link for the driver:
12-10-2014 11:47 PM
When we install the .dd file error messaing apper and say this is not correct file. I think file in HP site is not correct file.
Can you help me on that.