It's Monday, December 2nd and that means HP Discover Frankfurt is just a few hours away from kickoff.As I fly across the Atlantic and look through the final session catalog I'm wishing I could clone myself and be in a bunch of security sessions at once! And just in case you are overwhelmed by the session choices, I am highlighting a few of the staff favorites here. I know that you don’t want to hear about only one security topic; these sessions range from general security, application security, data loss and many more.
On Tuesday, Dec. 4 I recommend
- TB2207 - Security operations: maturity, effectiveness and ROI (10:00 a.m.)—In this session, we will focus on measuring the effectiveness of your security operations programme in terms of people, process and technology. You will learn how your security operations programme stacks up against other organisations’ in your industry. You will also receive tactical and strategic recommendations for continued improvement.
- TB2204 - Advanced SOC use cases (11:00 a.m.)—In this session, we will discuss advanced security operations centre (SOC) use cases and metrics for identifying insider threats, detecting malware and measuring the effectiveness of your security monitoring programme. Join us to hear how you can keep your enterprise secure.
- BB3065 - Cyber Security Framework (12:45 p.m.)—Protecting HP’s internal systems, sensitive information and brand in today’s climate of increasing complex cyber threats is the key challenge facing the Global Cyber Security team. Discover how the team is leveraging ArcSight, Tipping Point, Fortify and other security technologies in an effort to effectively “see everything” and manage risk in one of the world’s largest technology networks.
- TB2209 - Big data on HP ArcSight Logger: analytics for structured and unstructured data (4:30 p.m.)—If you're sending lots of data to your HP ArcSight Logger but you don’t really know what's in it, attend this session to find out how Logger can increase your insight. You’ll learn new ways to send unstructured data to Logger and analyse it using Logger's latest data analytics features. We’ll also show you how to leverage HP ArcSight Connectors to perform similar analysis on structured data. Whether structured or unstructured—Logger helps you understand data better.
On Wednesday, Dec 5 I recommend
- BB2671 - Building effective application security programming (12:45 p.m.) Building an application security program that integrates the key stakeholders—development, QA, and security operations—can seem overwhelming. It involves much more than just deploying software to end users. It’s about building the correct processes, metrics, training, and tools to support it. In this presentation you will hear from an HP expert about the steps necessary to successfully create a Software Security Assurance (SSA) program, as well as pitfalls to avoid. Based on actual implementations, this presentation will send you away with a better understanding of what it takes to build a successful application security program in your organisation.
- BB3074 - We can protect what matters together (1:45 p.m.)—HP Enterprise Security Services helps you see more, act quicker and make it matter when it comes to security. In this session, we will discuss how to reduce your business risk by protecting critical data and infrastructure, maximise your investments by implementing the right security programs and enable your organisation to use information securely. Let us give you confidence in your security strategy and operations. From specialist consulting, governance and compliance to managed security operations, our range of enterprise security services, combined with innovations from HP Labs, helps you make your security matter.
- TB2208 - Data loss and privacy monitoring with HP ArcSight ESM and Autonomy (2:45 p.m.)—In this session, we will describe the required capabilities for effective data monitoring. We will also highlight key use cases. Discover the integration between HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Management (ESM) and Autonomy IDOL for monitoring high-risk users and data in motion.
- TB2211 - Battling bots and multi-vector threats in your network (4:00 p.m.)—Chances are, undetected bots and multi-vector threats are lurking in your network—collecting and leaking data from your organisation. Today’s rapidly changing attack tools use obfuscation and encryption to circumvent conventional security measures. Once installed, bots, APTs and similar attack vectors can hide and propagate across your network. Detecting and eliminating these threats are a huge challenge for security professionals. Join us to learn about different types of threats as well as innovative ways to detect and mitigate their impact.
After the big party Wednesday night get up on Thursday Dec. 6 - I suggest attending
- BB2657 - Software security goes mobile (10:30 a.m.) Mobile devices—and the risks posed by vulnerabilities in the software that runs them—are proliferating. Join us as we explore the challenges you face in securing mobile applications and contrast them with legacy software security initiatives. We’ll show you how outsourcing confounds security efforts, explain how the mobile application lifecycle makes risk a hot potato, reveal the top mobile threats, and tell you how to avoid them. You’ll leave the session prepared to identify the most critical threats, both old and new, that face your mobile applications, and to fine-tune your own initiatives to deliver the most secure mobile applications possible.
- TB2672 - Employing advanced analytics to improve security operations (11:30 a.m.)—Emerging data technologies are enabling security capabilities that were infeasible or downright impossible previously. Attend this session and hear how Accenture and HP are adding big data platforms and advanced analytic techniques into existing security architectures and learn how this approach can help you get more out of your existing security investments.
- TB2203 - Security breach management; using digital forensics for intrusion investigations (11:30 a.m.)— Espionage, theft, policy violations and misuse of company data, these are real world challenges faced by enterprises of today. Learn how you can work with HP to locate, secure, and interpret data that can be used to determine the outcome of high-stake investigations. HP Digital Forensics Services can help you find the answers you need to help ensure sensitive inquiries arrive at the right conclusions.
To register for these sessions or others visit the Session Catalog.
If you're at the event, send a tweet to @Wh1t3Rabbit and let's see if I can't meet some of you!
Don't forget to check out Discover Backstage, for insights, news and video from the conference and behind the curtain - http://hp.com/go/backstage