Re: Officejet 7310 won't answer faxes - can't scan as PDF... (1297 Views)
Occasional Visitor
RPalmer
Message 1 of 5 (1,297 Views)

Officejet 7310 won't answer faxes - can't scan as PDF...

Hi all,

I'm hoping I can get some help with two issues surroudning this HP Officejet 7310:

- It will not receive faxes. It just rings and rings, even though the fax rings setting as been changed from two to one - it makes no difference. What could the issue be here?

- Using the HP Director software, the machine will not scan to PDF. I can only select the option of saving to TIFF files. I could not find anywhere in the scan settings to select scan-to options. I installed the latest Adobe Reader and checked for printer patches regarding this with no luck. Next best thing I can think of to try is updating or reinstalling HP Director software but I can't find it on the HP site. (The microsoft scanner/camera wizard will not detect the scanner even though it shows up under scanners/cameras in the control panel, or I would just use that. Also had no luck with Scan2PDF program, it says the tray is open or something, I cant remember exactly.)

ANY input or suggestions would be much appreciated, this has been a pain. ;)

Many Thanks!
Valued Contributor
Bill mr
Message 2 of 5 (1,297 Views)

Re: Officejet 7310 won't answer faxes - can't scan as PDF...

Hi..

You can get help with two issues as you hope.

first, the pdf as a file type issue.

if you have the printer software CD (HP Officejet 7300 series)...insert it in the computer drive,

once the installation wizard pops up, click on Install more software..

you will find "OCR I.R.I.S" option (not an issue if it not listed), follow onscreen instructions and complete the wizard.

then scan from HP director and check if the .pdf option available as a File type.

get back with the result and some fax information, will troubleshoot the fax issue..

what is the fax service?

any telephone answering machine and voice mail service in the fax line...and are you able to send faxes from printer?

Regards.

Bill....Everything behind help button..
He works best who works neither for money nor for fame nor for anything else
Occasional Visitor
RPalmer
Message 3 of 5 (1,297 Views)

Thanks Bill! I finally found the software CD and after reinstalling...all is well. Thanks for your response.
Valued Contributor
Bill mr
Message 4 of 5 (1,297 Views)

Good to know that..

appreciate your efforts...

Points appreciated

Regards

Bill
He works best who works neither for money nor for fame nor for anything else
Occasional Visitor
Shelly Riebe
Message 5 of 5 (1,297 Views)

I was trying to do what was suggested...having the same issue of Acrobat scanning not available through version 8....so I had to uninstall and reinstall version 6.0 in order to have a pdf option to scan to. When I put in the disk it just starts the install wizard and there is no option for additional software. Where might I find that link? I know I am replying to an old thread...any suggestions?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.