Re: M5035 mfp scan cutting of pages and adding blank bars (1402 Views)
Occasional Contributor
steve24brown
Message 1 of 4 (1,448 Views)

M5035 mfp scan cutting of pages and adding blank bars

We are having an issue where scans are cutting off parts of pages. Page 1 always comes out correct but additional pages often are cut off and have a blank bar/band across them. I have attached a copy of a test scan. This happens in all formats (pdf, jpeg, tiff). This issue does not effect copy or fax functions.

We have the latest firmware available and have also replaced the adf.

Any help will be appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
TechPro
Message 2 of 4 (1,417 Views)

Re: M5035 mfp scan cutting of pages and adding blank bars

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like you're scanning 8.5x11 size paper but telling the M5035 that you're scanning something like 8.5x14 (Legal) size or 11x17 (Ledger) but printing out on 8.5x11.

Are the documents being fed through the ADF?  or being scanned from the glass?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
steve24brown
Message 3 of 4 (1,413 Views)

The docs are fed through the adf. It is an issue that doesn't always happen. I was wondering if there was a top of page sensor or something that tells the machine what paper size its scanning but i figured if that was the case it would also effect copy.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
TechPro
Message 4 of 4 (1,402 Views)

There are two sensors in the ADF that aid determining the size of the paper being scanned (see attached jpg).  If any of these sensors are not working, or blocked, or out of place, the unit would 'detect' a paper size different from the size you're actually doing.

Try this:  Put an 8.5x11 paper in the ADF, press the Copy function so that you can see the source and destination sizes, then with your finger press down on the farthest out sensor on the ADF and see if it changes the indicated paper size.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation