M3027 fax receiving (607 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Eric Denommee
Message 1 of 2 (607 Views)

M3027 fax receiving

Hi,

is there a way to desactivate the receiving function on the HP M3027 MFP? We have 1 fax line, and 3 unit. We're using a switch to use the same line for our 3 unit. We would like the 3027 not to receive fax, only the send function.

Thank you,

Eric
HP Pro
MikeN2
Message 2 of 2 (574 Views)

Re: M3027 fax receiving

I'm not sure how to completely disable it, but I think you can make it so the M3027 fax doesn't try to answer before your other fax devices.

Access the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of your device.  You do this by opening a web browser on your PC and entering the IP address of your MFP.  This will bring up the web page configuration of the MFP.

Go into Send Fax configuration under the Digital Sending Tab.  Choose Advanced settings.

Under the Advanced settings is the Receive settings including the number of rings before answer.  If the M3027 MFP is set to answer at 9 rings and some other device is configured to answer at something less (like 2 or 3), then the M3027 should never answer.

Hopefully, this will be close enough to what you want.

Mike

I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.