LaserJet 3050 - No Fax Detected (2551 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Amy Alschlager
Message 1 of 4 (2,551 Views)

LaserJet 3050 - No Fax Detected

Our fax machine keeps saying when someone faxes Result: No Fax Detected. We are also getting quite a few error messages like Comm Error 321, 283, 362, 232. Our IT looked at it and claimed the phone lines were fine. Just not sure whats going on.
Occasional Visitor
Elle Sullivant
Message 2 of 4 (2,551 Views)

Re: LaserJet 3050 - No Fax Detected

We have the same problem. Were you ever able to resolve this issue?
Occasional Visitor
frank maxwell
Message 3 of 4 (2,551 Views)

I am having the same problem. I started to have this problem with my company fax when I changed over to cable service for phone/fax. What I have determined, through conversations with my cable company and with my company IT folks is that there is a handshake problem between digital signal from cable service and analog signals. The cable company has not fix for me and my IT has no fix for me. My only hope is for some kind of help from HP if there is some sort of filter that will increase the chance of a successfull handshake between digital and analog fax connections.
HP Pro
steepler
Message 4 of 4 (2,144 Views)

Typically a No Fax Detected error is caused by someone calling your device from a handset instead of a fax machine.

Upgrading to a newer version of firmware will help because the newer firmware can filter out cases where there is no fax machine on the other end of the line.

----------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.