LaserJet 3015 Fax Issue (474 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jptomalley
Message 1 of 4 (474 Views)

LaserJet 3015 Fax Issue

We have a LaserJet 3015 in the office, that had been working fine prior to an issue with the phone company.  Now that that issue is resolved, we're having issues with the fax function.  Although we can receive faxes fine, whenever we send a fax, we get a "no answer" message.  I've tried sending it to multiple lines, and it's always the same.  It can't be a problem with the line if we're receiving all of our faxes, so I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 4 (463 Views)

Re: LaserJet 3015 Fax Issue

Yes it could still be a problem with the line.

Plug a phone directly into the wall outlet and listen if you have a clear dial tone.

Try to make a call and see if you can get through.

Keep in mind that a phone line condition can be good enough for voice communication but not good for data communication.

Also what type of phone line are you using? Regular, DSL or VOIP?

A fax should always have an analog dedicated line.

If you are using a DSL line you should put a filter on the line.

If you are using VOIP you have to be sure that the line is compliant with the codes.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jptomalley
Message 3 of 4 (455 Views)

We have a dedicated analog line for the fax .  When I plug the phone in, I get a clear dial tone.  There was some issue with dialing (could be the age of the phone in question, though) in that it sounded like a rotary phone after every number I dialed.  But it successfully dialed and connected.  So I'm, once again, stumped.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 4 (443 Views)

If not the line then the issue is the LIU unit.  Part number for US model is Q2663-60001.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation