LaserJet 1522NF - thin line on recieved faxes (1971 Views)
Occasional Visitor
KorB
Message 1 of 5 (1,971 Views)

LaserJet 1522NF - thin line on recieved faxes

Hi to all.

I use LJ 1522nf. MFU coonected to PC and mostly using as fax. Recieved faxes are saving to PC.

Problem: All recieved faxes have thin line in the middle of the page.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (1,970 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1522NF - thin line on recieved faxes

What happens if you do a self test from the reports menu on the printer.  Does it also have a line.  If it does then the issue is the toner cartridge or fuser and performing a half test will let you know which one.  If the report prints without a line and the faxes you receive are from more than one source then the LIU or Modem (same item) is probably bad and needs to be replaced.  It is pricey.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
KorB
Message 3 of 5 (1,953 Views)

Recieved faxes save on PC. And when I open saved fax, I see this line. 

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
cs4517
Message 4 of 5 (1,438 Views)

it is most likely the thin line is being added by the sending unit.  Do you see this from different sending units?

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Askme
Message 5 of 5 (1,259 Views)

If you can attach the file showing defect, it will help to understand the issue.

Have you noticed it with one particular fax sender or is it with all received faxes, irrespective of sender?

If it is only with a particular sender, it should be defect with the other end, as the image is scanned by the scanner at the sender's end.

If it is noticed with all received faxes, irrespecive of  sender, then it could be a junk data/information added during transmittion.  In this case, you may also try enabling "print received faxes" option (faxes will directly print as they are received by the M1522nf).

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation