HP LASERJET M1522nf Fax problem (1123 Views)
Occasional Visitor
km9286
Message 1 of 6 (1,123 Views)

HP LASERJET M1522nf Fax problem

We are having trouble receiving faxes from one specific client. This started about 3 weeks ago. We can send and receive faxes to all other clients and can even send to this one but cannot receive. It will ring and read "no fax detected" and will just continue redialing.
They swear its not on their end. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 6 (1,123 Views)

Re: HP LASERJET M1522nf Fax problem

Hello,

Something must have happened to the network that is dropping your reception out of the sweetspot. Neither fax machine is to blame.

In general here are a few pointers to help with recieving problems:
1) Turn off Error Correction Mode (ECM)
2) Follow one of the setups indidated by these diagrams from HP:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=buu50333&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USE...
3) Lower the Fax Speed to Medium or Slow
4) Plug in a telephone to the line and make a phone call. Make sure there is no static or noise at any times. If there is then contact your service provider to improve the signal.

Thanks and good luck!
(points appreciated)

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Keith Van Ryn_1
Message 3 of 6 (1,123 Views)

I have found the problem to be the V.34, set this to medium speed and the receive works fine. Also, as stated in other posts, make sure to use the fax phone line included with the printer, which is a two conductor cable.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Brian Fournier
Message 4 of 6 (1,123 Views)

I am having a very similar problem, except that I can't receive any faxes at all, only send. It keeps saying "49 Error" on the display and then tells me to power off the fax/printer and then to turn back on after which it displays a power failure notification. If anyone has a solution to this, I'd be most grateful.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 5 of 6 (1,123 Views)

Brian,

Power failures during faxing indicated that your power supply is having problems. I would start looking at replacing the power supply. It would also be worth your time to update the firmware on the printer if a newer update is available.

See page 114 of the Service Manual for steps on how to perform this part replacement:
http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/HP-LJ-M1522-MFP-Manual.pdf

If you are still having problems then start up a new thread and repost your question. Your issue is different then the authors and really belongs in its own thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks!
Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
shijo bbb
Message 6 of 6 (1,123 Views)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation