HP LASERJET 3050 VERTICAL LINES (2270 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MATT BROWN
Message 1 of 7 (2,270 Views)

HP LASERJET 3050 VERTICAL LINES

I am trying to figure out why whenever I fax to someone the page is recieved with vertical lines on it...

same thing happens when I make a copy...

what do I need to clean or replace to get rid of this problem?
Regular Advisor
_marichelle_
Message 2 of 7 (2,270 Views)

Re: HP LASERJET 3050 VERTICAL LINES

Try cleaning the rollers on the ADF for dust and dirt with lint free cloth moistened with water. Place the copy with vertical lines on it right next to the ADF and try to trace which part of the ADF those lines possibly came from. to determine which part needs the most cleaning.
I'm sure there are answers somewhere. We just have to look at the right direction.
Occasional Visitor
Gail Moe
Message 3 of 7 (2,270 Views)

I have the same problem only when sending a Fax. I can print and receive great, but when I send it is illegible.
Honored Contributor
Ken Chahley
Message 4 of 7 (2,270 Views)

Same as this problem I replied to on the other forum... see link:
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1240097
When in doubt, check your manual:)
Occasional Visitor
Priscilla Chan
Message 5 of 7 (2,270 Views)

I have a similar problem, but the vertical border of the page are all black rendering the FAX illegible. Also what is an ADP?
Honored Contributor
Ken Chahley
Message 6 of 7 (2,270 Views)

Please start a seperate post and give more detail... model,where exactly is problem and when doing what, etc...
When in doubt, check your manual:)
HP Pro
MikeN2
Message 7 of 7 (2,094 Views)

If you are getting vertical lines on your faxes or copies, I would clean the glass under the ADF.  Dirty rollers may contribute to feed or pick problems, but shouldn't cause image quality problems. 

The ADF usually has a glass strip that is uses to image the page as it is scanned.  If there is a spot of dirt on that glass, it will cause a vertical line on the copy or fax.  Cleaning that glass will usually solve the problem.

Mike

I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.