Re: HP Color Copier 190 - Scanner Failure (645 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Stevan Makarevich
Message 1 of 3 (645 Views)

HP Color Copier 190 - Scanner Failure

Copier is approximately 11 years old, and started receiving "Scanner failure, Turn power off then on again." error. I have taken off the cover (both top and with glass), cleaned glass inside and out, cleaned the mirror (on the right side of the scanner unit), checked the tension on the blue cable, and replaced both ink cartridges. The scanner bulb is lit, and the scanner unit positions itself to the right side of the copier, but the cable makes a ratcheting sound as it aligns itself back and forth. When I try to copy, the scanner unit moves to the left, scanning as it goes, but it appears to not know when to stop for it goes all the way to the left of the copier, and this is when the failure occurs. A copy is made but stops when the failure occurs; when I press Cancel to eject the partially printed copy, the copy contains a dark black thick line from when the scanner went beyond the edge of the paper. I have also unplugged the copier for 24+ hours, and tried resetting the copier to the factory default settings. Last, I am able to successfully produce a Self-Test Report, and execute both Align and Clean Cartridges functions.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Mihelj Marko
Message 2 of 3 (645 Views)

Re: HP Color Copier 190 - Scanner Failure

Looks like it's a scanner motor faulty or electronics that drives it.
"C6734-60022 Scanner motor and drive gear assembly - Provides the drive to move the scanner module"
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Stevan Makarevich
Message 3 of 3 (645 Views)

Re: HP Color Copier 190 - Scanner Failure

Thank you for the quick response - I will follow up and post how it goes.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation