HP C7280 Fax Header Character Limit? (1083 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pinknika
Message 1 of 5 (1,083 Views)

HP C7280 Fax Header Character Limit?

Hello,

Trying to put a fax header on the machine mentioned in the subject, it displays the whole name fine but when I send a fax to someone and it prints out,  it doesn't display. The company name isn't very long its 34 characters long and when it prints there is a huge space for room to even put a longer header. I am not sure why it keeps cutting off, maybe there is a character limit? If so, why does it let me type the whole thing intead of stopping me from entering more charcters?

Really need to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 5 (1,082 Views)

Re: HP C7280 Fax Header Character Limit?

Are you setting the Fax Header from the control panel or the software?  You might want to try going to one or the other depending on how you are configureing the device right now. 

If that doesnt work then I would try restoring the defaults and reconfiguring it again.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pinknika
Message 3 of 5 (1,079 Views)

I don't have the software program, I am entering the information in on the machine itself. I reset the system already but it doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 4 of 5 (1,077 Views)

Go here to download a Full Solution version of the software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=32047...

Select your OS before you download to make sure it is compatible.  Once you have the software installed then try to navigate through the HP software to run the fax configuration utility.  Just install the printer as a Direct Attached/Local printer so that you can try the configuration.  Uninstall the software when you are done.

I checked the User Guide and did not find any mention of character limitations on fax headers.  Nor have I heard of any other models haveing character limitations either.  If you are still having problems then you might want to contact HP for support.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pinknika
Message 5 of 5 (1,075 Views)

Okay so, I downloaded the software and everything and went to fax settings-fax header and nope...this particular fax/printer won't allow more than 25 characters for the fax heading, when configured using the software it automatically stopped typing the characters in the fax header. Which is so weird because you clearly have enough room on your paper for a sentence or two. Oh well.

Thanks anyway!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation