HP 3030 no view hyperlink on fax to pc mode (1795 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Angela Jardine
Message 1 of 5 (1,795 Views)

HP 3030 no view hyperlink on fax to pc mode

When I have the fax to pc mode set, and a fax comes in, there is no view hyperlink to click on in the fax receive log. I am using windows 2000 and the printer in connected by usb port. It recognizes that the fax came in, just can't view it. I have acrobat installed. Any thoughts?
Occasional Visitor
Laurentiu Laurentiu
Message 2 of 5 (1,795 Views)

Re: HP 3030 no view hyperlink on fax to pc mode

I have the same problem. I just discovered how to use this fax toolbox, I receive the faxes on computer but I cannot view them. The view link works works on Fax send log.
I need help!
Occasional Visitor
Fumi Yamamoto
Message 3 of 5 (1,795 Views)

Hi there.

I've just found out how to solve the issue, which I've been wondering some years...

All you need is:

Click the following link and download the update program. Then restart your PC. Off you go! You will be able to see the "view" link next to the result coloum.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

Thanks goes to the HP Instant Support called "active chat" team.

http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/customer/HPInstantsupport.aspx

I hope it helps.
Occasional Visitor
Fumi Yamamoto
Message 4 of 5 (1,795 Views)

There is only one problem.

Once you've clicked the "view" link, you need to quickly print out or save as a PDF, otherwise if you click the link second time it won't work...(unless you print from "Reprint Last Faxes" on Fax Tasks page, which print out all the faxes you've received in the past... I had to print it this way because of that... However I've cancelled the printing after I've got the fax page I wanted - a bit of hassle, but there you go.)

I've done enough for today, so got to leave the issue for another day I suppose...

Fumi
Occasional Visitor
CHAdmin
Message 5 of 5 (1,678 Views)

I installed the update provided by HP on above link, but still NO LUCK. I don't have VIEW hyperlink in either Fax Send or Received Log. 

Please help!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.