Error message on 4345 when sending faxes (772 Views)
Occasional Visitor
rossc1978
Message 1 of 2 (772 Views)

Error message on 4345 when sending faxes

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a couple of our Multi function devices in one of our regional offices. The issue is when a user tries to send a fax they get a "modem failed" message on the display. At first I thought this was isolated to one machine and and tried the following, sent a fax to other machine in the office which went through fine, called an external number from the device (my mobile) and this called through without a problem. I then sent a fax to an external number and then recieved the modem failed message though it appears the fax went through as the external source contacted us to verify that it had arrived. I am not sure if this was because when it failed to connect the first time it tried to resend and the problem did not return.

What is strange is that the second device in the office has started to display the same message as the first? Can anyone shed any light on what could be happening here ie is it a hardware fault or something on the network that is causing this.
HP Pro
MikeN2
Message 2 of 2 (514 Views)

Re: Error message on 4345 when sending faxes

A couple of questions:

Has this been going on since the machines were installed, or is this new behavior?

Is your telephone system by any chance Voice Over IP (VOIP)?  I know that some of the devices need special configuration when used with VOIP systems.

Finally, do you have the latest firmware from HP?  This has been an area of firmware fixes and improvements over the last couple of years.

Mike

I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.